PDA

View Full Version : CYPOP5 Course

CJstar
18-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Hello, i'm new to all this so don't know if you'll get this message okay...

I've just started the CYPOP5 course that i purchased from NCMA.
I'm a bit disappointed with the support you get...

I'm only only task one, and i'm already confused..
Does anyone know if there are any word limits?
Plus is it just one information sheet that we have to fit both legislation and regulatory bodies on? Or can we do two? :panic:

I've struggled with which legislation to use as well, as most of it seems relevant, so i've found the best way to group some legislation together and write a short paragraph that gives a brief outline of all? I wondered if that was okay?

If theres anyone out there whos done the course and can tell me if im on the right track or not because i'm finding it very overwhelming.

Thanks so much :)

C x

katie78
18-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi i havent completed the course so dont hold me on anything but im doing the same course online too and am on task 6 now !

The assignments dont have a word limit on them but as long as you have covered everything in the question you should be ok, i havent had very much help either to be honest, have you got the book that goes with it as its got a good table to go with the first assignment for legislation !

I will send you a pm as i got sent a document that does help with how to do the assignments that has helped me lots :D

It is a hard course to get your head round doing it online as if you were in a classroom you would get loads of help, im hoping i get my head round it before i have completed the course haa haa haa :laughing:

Katie :)

katie78
18-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Im still new to this site and cant figure out how to attatch a document in a pm sorry but fingers crossed it works on here :)

I got sent this from NCMA when i emailed them asking for some help, i hope it helps you as much as it has for me :clapping:

I have got to try and get back on with task 6 now, this site is far too interesting :D :D

Katie

CJstar
19-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Hello Katie,

Thanks for getting in touch, feel really lost with this course.

I can't seem to open the attachment, it comes up with a bulletin message saying i havent got the priviledge or something...

Have you been able to use the "contact mentor" link on the assessment area of the website... It doesn't seem to work for me..

I've all most filled one A4 sheet with legislation, i've set it out all appealing like it asks but that takes space, so in order to put the ofsted part, i would need a new page.... Hope thats okay.

I've only just found this forum but it's been so helpful already, especially reading that im not on my own when it comes to this course! :)

C x

katie78
19-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi, im sorry you cant open the document, can you upgrade your word package so you can open it, mine is the free one and it opens fine with me !

The contact mentor button has worked with me and it did take about a day for them to get back to me about the things i asked them though.

Try opening a different assignment and emailing them from that ??

It is difficult i agree fully and this site has been a god send honestly, i wouldnt understand even quarter as much as i do if it wasnt for this site :clapping:

I havent handed in anything yet ( so dont know if any of what i have done is any good ) but have written all up to task 6 so if you need some help just ask and i can tell you what i have done so far. Doing it online you dont have the peers to help you and be right next to you but there are LOADS of people on here that will help with anything you ask and even things you havent asked too :D

Oh so far my assignments have varied in length so dont worry if you have written too much or not enough ! Have you got the book to go with the course yet ???

Hope that helps, or as much as clear as mud anyway haa haa haa

Katie :laughing:

CJstar
19-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Hello,

I don't think words the problem, it just takes me to a bulletin message on this site..

I can't seem to get the contact mentor button to work at all... Keeps telling me there an error.

I have the book, it helps a lot.
I paid for the course as my local authority had me on a list for the course since novemeber last year and i'd been phoning every week, all they told me was that the course was under review, and no dates were set.
They phoned me on saturday to say there was a place, i paid for this course the end of last month!! Typical!

I'm finding it all overwhelming to be honest, i know i have to register with ofsted and do my first aid... is there a health check as well? I wish they did a checklist of things you need to do... Lol.

i've done a level 3 diploma in childcare and education and still this course is a lot harder as there is no support from tutors or anything..

Thanks again :)

C x

Pauline
19-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Im still new to this site and cant figure out how to attatch a document in a pm sorry but fingers crossed it works on here :)
Katie

You can't attach anything to PM's so that is why it didn't work :D

Pauline
19-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Hello,

I don't think words the problem, it just takes me to a bulletin message on this site..

C x

It is because you are a new member. If you have a look at your private messages or the welcome email you received when you joined there is a link to more information about many questions new members ask, it will explain in there. :thumbsup:

katie78
19-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Thanks Pauline, i thought it was that i was just being a bit dim as is usually the way !!

Over the years i have done a BTEC Nursery Nursing course and an NVQ level 3 in Playwork but i agree this is much harder, that or its just that now im a bit older the gray matter has started to fade away or even that i have now got 2 kids.......

Good luck with your course and i hope it gets easier, but shout if you need anything :D

Katie :thumbsup:

Little Owls
20-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi,

I've just completed the course online and kept my tasks all nice and pretty and thought they would have to be like information sheets. However, I've not passed about 3 tasks as I hadn't included enough information. So, I would put as much info in as possible and don't worry that it's not going to be a double sided A4 sheet. Much better to have 3 or 4 sides and have all the info included so that they can't fail you on anything.

I've now got to re-submit the missing bits, which is only a few paragraphs, but there doesn't seem to be anyway of doing this. I'm now emailing and calling the online mentor and getting no response.

So please please ensure you have covered every single possible point before submitting it all, because it's a real faff if you need to do anything once it's been submitted for the first time.

Katy x

Kiddleywinks
21-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Katy, did it take long to hear back?

Chrissie x

CJstar
21-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Hey,

Thanks all, i'm still soldiering on with task one...
Nearly done, finding i'm repeating myself...

Nearly there though :)
Will be glad to see the back of this task lol.

Hello Katy, it's nice to know that they will send it back so you can amend it other than just failing it. Makes me feel a bit easier lol.

Thank you Pauline just read that thread, cleared it up for me :)

C x

CJstar
28-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Helloo!! :)

I've finally completed task 1! Felt like it took me forever!!!!! LOL

I'm now looking at the second task and it state there should be 4 polices and 4 procedures... Does this mean 1 page of policy and procedure for behaviour... 1 for safeguarding... etc? or a seperate page for policy and a seperate for procedure... Surely it makes sense to put them on one?

Thanks again,
C x

Kiddleywinks
31-07-2011, 09:23 AM
One Policy (the statement) and then the procedure/s to show how you are going to enforce the policy statement.

Safeguarding took nearly 3 pages for me lol

These can then start forming your paperwork for your setting.

sophieh
11-08-2011, 10:00 AM
oh my goodness this site is such a godsend!! I've just received my online course info and am soooo confused! You have asked everything I wanted to ask! I think I have made it far more complicated in my head, I just wish they would aska question straight and say - set it out like this with this word limit so you had a rough idea what on earth you were doing!!

I'm also slighlty concerned when they said it took 9 weeks for some people to get thier assignments back!