PDA

View Full Version : Nervous Newbie in a flap!!!

MummyPig
18-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi everybody :)

I have just taken a phonecall from my Ofsted Inspector and she is coming on Friday morning!! I feel so unprepared and I'm panicking! I started my registration process back in May and everything that could go wrong has gone wrong so far!!
My GP took 3 weeks to get my health forms signed, so I was in and out of the surgery more times during those 3 weeks than I have been my whole life!!
Then I called up Ofsted a couple of weeks ago who told me that NEITHER of my references had arrived with them, despite both referees assuring me they had sent them out (twice in one case where they had sent a new form and a reminder!!).
And I completed my First Aid course with my local authority who are doing it differently this year, and we had to log on to Virtual College after attending and evaluate the course and print off a certificate. However, the new system is having glitches and a month after I have finished my First Aid Course I STILL cannot print my certificate- despite my bombarding Virtual College with emails and complaints!!

My Initial Childminder training course doesn't start until September in my area so I feel a bit clueless and like I'm going to make a fool of myself!

I have prepared all of my policies and procedures (I think!!) but I still feel like I don't know enough about the EYFS. I feel completely overwhelmed by all the information I need to process and really am not sure which things I need to be focussing on to get me through this inspection and which things I can learn as I go along! With all the problems I've encountered so far I am beginning to wonder if somebody is trying to tell me something :(

Sorry for the long moany message, and thanks for listening!!

sarah707
18-07-2011, 05:08 PM
And breathe!

You will be fine Pre-reg is not a test it's a chat to make sure you are preparing for registration.

Explain about the certificate and I am sure it will be fine.

Don't forget to let us know how you get on :D

Natternic
18-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Good luck im sure you will be fine, just be yourself,

says me that hasn't had her pre reg yet!

Mrs_Locky
19-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Oh no - hope all goes well! I'm in a huge panic and I've done my pre-reg and everything - I actually feel sick and they're not coming until next Tuesday :eek: