PDA

View Full Version : THE SCHOOL SUMMER HOLIDAYS

angeldelight
18-07-2011, 05:24 AM
So when do your lot break up ?

We break up this Friday

Do you have any plans for the holidays?

Are you going to be more busy with more children ?

Do you have less children?

Lets hope the summer sunshine comes back for us all !!

Angel xxx

jayjay1963
18-07-2011, 05:33 AM
We finish on Friday too! I have Monday and Tuesday off next week as all my mindees are either on holiday or with parents:) Got lots of plans with other CMs throught the holidays and two weeks off myself:clapping: :clapping: Hubby is taking me to Cyprus for a week can't wait!

Jacqui

flowerpots
18-07-2011, 05:38 AM
We finish tues and thursday here, im working mon, tue, wed next week then off to Devon to see parents for the week. :D

Were very busy during the holidays but got lots of things organised to keep everyone busy :thumbsup:

Louise0208
18-07-2011, 05:40 AM
:panic: 1st day of the holidays here!

ofsted inspection this week....hopefully today :panic:

week off next week :clapping: ....gonna need it!

mrs robbie williams
18-07-2011, 06:03 AM
ours break up on friday too. Looks like it will be fairly quiet mindee wise as 3yr old mum lost her job so is on week 2 of notice period with me. But will have the normal 2 fulltime schoolies 2 days each week so got lots of picnics, trips to the park, beach, playing in the pool - if the sun ever comes back, local farm etc. then we are away for 10 days in turkey :clapping: :clapping:
cant wait. Going to be a week of mixed emotions this week as got 1 leaving friday as moving into year 1, plus 3 of schoolies including my ds are leaving infants and moving up to year 3 so will no doubt be tears from teachers/kids/parents at pick up on friday BUT i am arranging an end of term party here and ds has invited some friends from school so there will be 12 of them running riot for a couple of hours, thought it would be a nice way to end the school year :thumbsup:

mushpea
18-07-2011, 06:08 AM
1st school where my son and mindee who comes in the hols finsihs this thursday
2nd school where term time only mindee goes finishs this friday
acadamey school where my daughter goes finishs 26th

3 mindees leave me this week, mum goes to collage and we ususaly renew contracts each year but she has paid me late most of this year and I dont need the stress of that again this year so I am not renewing contracts.

2 mindees are termtime only

then I gain 1 mindee who is holiday only

1 mindee will come in the hols but for less hours as the funding pays for the otherhours termtime

so I will have less children in the holidays but that suits me.

and on top of all that my two go to my mums for a week, mydaughter then goes on guide camp for a week, when she comes back my son is on boys brigade camp when he comes back we go to the isle of white then when we come back oldest mindee is on hols!

Roseolivia
18-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Rose's school breaks up Thursday but it's her last day tomorrow as we're at the hospital Wednesday and she doesn't go Thursdays anyway.
Have my first mindee (after maternity leave) starting 1st August, only 2 days a week but it's a start. Wish i could have longer paid maternity leave but guess 9mths is long enough.

maryp0ppins
18-07-2011, 07:02 AM
We broke up last Friday....first mindee due any min and guess what.....It's raining :(

kel1983
18-07-2011, 07:16 AM
my neice and nephew finish on thursday so we have our family hliday booked Friday for 2 weeks. There is 8 of us off to Cornwall. Ive only been working full time for the last 4 weeks and relising that hollidays are important. Hopefully I will be bck fully refreashed and ready to start again :laughing:

When I get back I have a 22 month old a 27 month old and a 3 year old and my mum who I mind with has a 7 month old and 6 year old.

I think thursdays and Fridays are our busy days

Toothfairy
18-07-2011, 07:17 AM
We break up this Friday, then its 6 whole weeks of no mindee's just my own children and I can't wait :clapping:

We're not going away on holiday but doing lots of days out and a few long weekends away.

All toys, posters and anything to do with CMing is being put in the shed so I can have my house back for 6 weeks at least.

Roll on friday :clapping:

Vickster
18-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Friday. I am only working Tues and Weds during the holidays. I have loads planned for then and with my gorgeous two. Come on sun!

sweets
18-07-2011, 07:22 AM
i dont like the long school hols :(

i dont look after any schoolies and hate the fact that everywhere you go is full of them and busy! lol

6 weeks of no toddler groups, parks are busy and soft play areas are a big no no :panic:

roll on september :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
18-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Our school break up on Friday so dh is home for 6 weeks, not that I will see much of hime the first 2 while school is still open :(

My two finished weeks ago when their exams but are off to Sweden for the Scout Jamboree at the weekend and we won't see dd until 8th Aug and ds until 11th Aug so the house will seem empty.

Down one mindee over the holiday, one leaves on Friday and the new one doesn't start until September so it will be quite nice to have some light days.

I've got a week off from 5th Aug can't wait we are going to get the Spare Room decorated and all the boxes unpacked finally.

nannysue
18-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Ours break up Friday ... then i have a week off to charge my batteries before a very busy holiday. The forecast has said bad weather for the whole of August , that sounds about right :( Its always better once they start back in Sept .

Ohhh well lets see what happens , think i may need elastic walls if they are all indoors at the same time !!

manjay
18-07-2011, 07:55 AM
First day of the holidays here for me too:D . Only have 3 over 5's so not too taxing but I have two different teachers coming for a visit today. The first is the advisory teacher for the 2 year olds I provide funded care for and the second is one of our Foundation Phase teachers from the local school who wants to come and see my setting:D

I think I am getting too old to work the whole of the school holidays! I am working for 2 weeks, off for 3 then back to work for 1 week before they go back to school:rolleyes:

charleyfarley
18-07-2011, 09:03 AM
[QUOTE=Toothfairy;956288]We break up this Friday, then its 6 whole weeks of no mindee's just my own children and I can't wait :clapping:

We're not going away on holiday but doing lots of days out and a few long weekends away.

Sounds bliss :clapping: :clapping:

Our children break up on Friday and I for one can't wait, no school for 6 weeks :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Week 1 and 2 I have 2 under 1's, a 3 year old and my 2

Week 3 and 4 I have 2 under 1's, a 3 year old, 4 year old and my 2

Week 5 I have 1 under 1, a 4 year old and my 2

Week 6 - 2 under 1, 3 year old, 4 year old and my 2.

I have plenty of activities planned along with some days out so I'm sure we'll have a great time :thumbsup:

Carol xx

bambinos95
18-07-2011, 09:20 AM
My 2 schoolies broke up on Friday, my 2 break up this Friday, my new p/t under1 started 2 weeks ago and is the most layed back baby you could ever wish for and my 2 toddlers are here full time so its a busy few weeks here with lots of things planned.

Ive booked the end of the holidays off to go sunning myself in Eygpt, cant wait. :)

Ripeberry
18-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Got NO KIDS for the whole 6 weeks, apart from my own two DDs.
We break up on Thursday as the Friday is an inset day.
My mum's funeral will be on the 28th July and my dad is already getting angry about all the 'freeloaders' who are coming out of the woodwork :(

Then I've got a week to deep clean the pre-school with my replacement who will take over in September and then we are off so Cape Town for 2 weeks from the 08th Aug.

Can't wait!:clapping:

Pipsqueak
18-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Youngest two break up Wednesday
Eldest breaks up Thursday

only got the babies this week as R&P are on hols.....
then I only have R&P for two weeks and then the leave.....:( unless dad can find a job asap

samb
18-07-2011, 01:41 PM
I am busier in the hols. I have 1 who is coming a total of 12 days over hols and another coming 4 and then my usual 2 who come 2 days a week each (1 over lapping). This is over 4 weeks as I am taking 2 weeks off - week 3 and week 6. So 2 weeks I am working very day and 2 weeks I have 1 day off each week. I will have between 3 and 5 children on days I am working (inc my 2). Have few things planned but need to sort it all out soon. Just ordered from Crafty Crocodiles too.

miss mopple
18-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Ours dont break up til next Weds!!

I have 2 weeks of that off :clapping:

Not too busy with work luckily- just 1 extra biggie and my 2 girls plus my 3 under 5's. We'll be doing lots of outdoorsy stuff in the parks and forest I think as that way my 2 dogs get to join in too :thumbsup:

Splodge
18-07-2011, 03:17 PM
My dd school breaks up thursday as friday is their day off in leiu of the royal wedding and the primary school breaks up on friday.

WE go to a playscheme 4 mornings a week throughout the summer holidays, which all the children love.

But a much quieter summer than expected as three separate (thankfully part time) children have either left or are leaving over last week and this week.

So i am advertising like mad, but also looking forward to the summer holidays.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Andrea08
18-07-2011, 03:43 PM
break up friday 22nd and ill have just 3 children on my books all different days and all part time so looking at a skint summer so no big day trips planned coz i need to get bk by 1pm the latest... shame realy

caz3007
18-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Our schools break up on Friday.

I am losing 3 after schoolers, two due to age, one is going to a different school and also losing my 3 year old as his mum is going on maternity leave. I am looking forward to a quiet holidays and hopefully finishing at 3 most days, which will be bliss.

Trouble
18-07-2011, 04:13 PM
our break up on friday:clapping:

im loosing 2 kids in september:( so need to find more

am going on hols in 2 weeks :D :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: cannot wait
what do you bet i dont want to come back !:rolleyes:

sandy64
18-07-2011, 04:48 PM
my dd finishes this friday im off next wk, wk after working with my new baby 2 days then ive another lo starting fulltime wk after as one of mine finishes this thursday so worked well, but originaly was only working 2 days a week in hols but thats life lol not sure what we will do in hols but someone send the sun back:laughing: :laughing:

ChocolateChip
18-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Busy time for me, dd1 birthday on Thursday, school breaks up on Friday, go on holiday Saturday, back the next Saturday, girls bday party at soft play centre on Sunday, dd2 bday on Monday, rest of week off (well sorting out paperwork, toys and garden, lol) then back to work the following Monday!

Thankfully I only have a 3 and a 4 yr old through the hols and this will be the fist time I will get Fridays off in the holiday, yippee! But have got lots planned, there are some cm events on, going to some events at the local woods put on by Natural England like stream dipping and things and will do the usual round of days out and some art and craft days if I get my conservatory sorted out.

Helen Dempster
18-07-2011, 05:08 PM
We finish on Friday too! I have Monday and Tuesday off next week as all my mindees are either on holiday or with parents:) Got lots of plans with other CMs throught the holidays and two weeks off myself:clapping: :clapping: Hubby is taking me to Cyprus for a week can't wait!

Jacqui

Going off the subject slightly...my mum and step-dad are in Cyprus at the mo (got there yesterday) and said it's about 38 degrees there at the moment! I'm sooooooooooooo jealous!!!!

Bitsy Beans
18-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Now the holidays are when I work full time :eek: as during term time I am currently really only doing wrap around.
So 4 days I shall have my own two (5 and 3 yrs) and then mindee who's 4 and 1 day I shall an extra mindee who's also 4.

Am currently online looking for inspiration as I think if the weather is pants the 4 weeks I am working is going to draaaaaag!

dobby
18-07-2011, 10:45 PM
My DD broke up two weeks ago :panic: !!!

Oh and she is nearly ten and very hormonal!!!