PDA

View Full Version : Head Injury Policy

Helen Dempster
17-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Hi all - I was just curious really, does anyone have one of these? I had my first aid course yesterday and one of the things she asked us to do was to write out what was in our "Head Injury Policy" and none of us had one :blush:

sarah707
18-07-2011, 06:47 AM
I have written a head injury letter which I give to parents warning them what to watch out for if their child has a head accident.

I don't have a policy though because it's not required and I don't see any value in writing one :D

miffy
18-07-2011, 06:50 AM
I have the same as Sarah because it was something an inspector pulled a friend up on at her inspection.

I also use an accident form with views of the head on the back and mark on exactly where the injury or the impact (if no injury) was.

Miffy xx

Greengrass74
18-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Pretty much the same as the others, we have a handout that we give parents follow a bump to the head, pretty much the same as what you would get from A&E.

Helen Dempster
18-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys. One of the little ones bumped his head last week, and I filled in the incident form (NCMA), marked where the bump was on the picture and also photocopied info that I got from A&E when my own son had a bump to his head. I think I will type up a letter of some description as well though, just so i have something on file to show Ofsted.

Ta for clearing that up for me though :thumbsup: