PDA

View Full Version : Safety bands advice

cheeky cherrys
17-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi does any one know where to get safety bands for children, the ones they wear while on days out?

sarah707
17-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Just to let you know I have changed your title to something which I am sure more people will recognise and reply to... I have popped your question in the 'minding chat' area of the forum as it is a question rather than saying hello.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you are enjoying browsing around :D

MaryMary
17-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Have you tried your local community police? I was given a load by some police at our local airshow. They were giving them out parents, and I said I was a childminder so they gave me a big handful :clapping: It was a bank holiday, and I wasn't working at the time.
Might be worth giving them a call :)

love381
17-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Have you tried your local community police? I was given a load by some police at our local airshow. They were giving them out parents, and I said I was a childminder so they gave me a big handful :clapping: It was a bank holiday, and I wasn't working at the time.
Might be worth giving them a call :)

Could you put your details on them? Re-use them etc? x

MaryMary
17-07-2011, 08:38 PM
I write my details/mobile number on them. They are not re-usable, but they were free! They are paper ones, like you get for some theme parks/festivals/zoos etc.

IsabellaB
17-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I use key rings for my own kids - the ones that have tacky pics in etc, the plastic comes out so you can put your own info on a bit of paper and reseal. I then attatch the key ring part to a zip, belt hook etc

birch24
18-07-2011, 05:52 AM
The Ncma do them. reusable. I have written my details on the back of them. Although I have to say I use the Hi Vis jackets more as I can spot the children better in them.:D

mushpea
18-07-2011, 06:37 AM
I prefer to use the hi viz jackets with ' I am with my childminder' and my phone number onn the back,, I find that when a child is lost the first thing they ask is where is your mumy which can be confusing to the child when they are with us

Mamma4Ya
18-07-2011, 06:57 AM
I prefer to use the hi viz jackets with ' I am with my childminder' and my phone number onn the back,, I find that when a child is lost the first thing they ask is where is your mumy which can be confusing to the child when they are with us

This is a good idea, something I will use when I start childminding. :clapping:

miffy
18-07-2011, 06:58 AM
I got mine as a freebie from the ncma a while ago - they are not that good as the children can get them off.

I'm sure if you search the forum there have been other threads on this with some websites members have used

Miffy xx