PDA

View Full Version : Should have known that would happen...

Princess Sara
16-07-2011, 03:16 PM
I started looking after a 6yo girl after school and all day in the holidays Thursday and Friday only. The mum has had problems with tax credits etc, and decided after a year that her older daughter was able to look after the 6yo after school as it was only a couple of hours and her eldest was very mature. 15/16yo I think?

I was fine with this, kind of knew it would happen eventually. Today I text checking she still needed me for the summer holidays, how many days and how much it would cost, and she texts back with the fact that she's got every Thursday and Friday off work for the holidays. Great, thanks for letting me know so I could fill the spot... That's over £300 that I won't be getting that I really could have done with. No point in chasing it for notice periods as I know she won't have it as that's the reason she's got the time off work, because childcare is too expensive. Oh well, I guess it's beans on toast a lot for the next few months!

Oh and just to turn this more into a rant, the CYPW Diploma want me to add almost £140 towards my course after telling me it will be fully funded. No idea where I'm going to get that from, especially now!

And after brushing my hair earlier I've decided I've got enough grey hair to be almost 40, not 25. Life sucks! Lol.

mushpea
16-07-2011, 03:32 PM
does she still have a contract with you? if so then she needs to pay you or give you notice and pay the notice period

flowerpots
16-07-2011, 03:56 PM
does she still have a contract with you? if so then she needs to pay you or give you notice and pay the notice period

i agree hun, she really does need to give you notice and pay for that period. :rolleyes:

Princess Sara
16-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Yes, technically I should be invoicing her for the next 4 weeks using those 4 weeks as her notice period, but what's the point if she hasn't got the money? I'm 100% sure if she had the money she would still be using my service, so I'd rather just leave it at that and feel a bit pants for the day.

On a brighter note, my 3yo(will be 3 on Monday!) has done his first wee and poo on the potty today! Haha I can take nappies off the shopping list to reduce that a bit! Gotta find a positive right? (I know, we'll still need nappies at night and for a while yet.)

Jo Jo
16-07-2011, 05:10 PM
oh dear chin up hun :)

miffy
16-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Cross for you - I know how this feels! :(

Get advertising and see if you can pick up some work for the holidays (maybe holiday cover for other cms?)

Well done to your ds :clapping:

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
16-07-2011, 10:22 PM
I feel for you, you could be talking about a mindee of mine. I had her for 3yrs. Left me in mid-June and its the best thing, I didn't realise what a relief it would be.