PDA

View Full Version : might be a silly question!

Tracy123
16-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Are we allowed to look after children over 8? as it doesnt state on my certificate that I can! But i thought if i regisitered on the early years and childcare regisiter that ment i could look after older ones.
If so does that mean it is still in my numbers of 6? My cousins is wanting to come to me in the school holidays and this would be a great help as she is 10 but very mature. Am i aloud to do this?
Thanks

Greengrass74
16-07-2011, 12:46 PM
If you have registered on both then you can mind children over the age of 8 and they are not includied in your numbers :thumbsup:

appleblossom
16-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes, we can look after children under 8. There is no mention of this on the certificate because care for over eights is not regulated; registration for care of over eights is voluntary.

The restriction on numbers is that prescribed by your Public Liability insurers. The total number of children you can mind varies depending on the insurer. So you would have to look at the total number of children you mind including under eights.

Tracy123
16-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the replies this now makes sense. I havent yet got in touch with NCMA so when i do this they will say how many children i can look after on my PLI for including over 8 at any 1 time??

flowerpots
16-07-2011, 04:24 PM
i think it is either 10 or 12 hun, when you call them just ask. :thumbsup: