PDA

View Full Version : my such a idoit

rainbowgarden
15-07-2011, 03:20 PM
am set up now and have just start talk to parents at school about me childmindering a parent was questioning me tonight about prices and i told it was £7.00 for breakfast club instead of £4.00 nerves got me. I hate been put on the spot and my really going to have to get use to it cos poeple are going to ask to question.

grrr am so **** off with myself :angry: :angry:

miffy
15-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Oh what a shame - if you have her phone number you could always phone her and explain. If not look out for her in the playground on Monday and have a word.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Jo Jo
15-07-2011, 04:29 PM
we all make mistakes, try not to worry too much about it, :idea: just a thought though, (this is what i have done as only just registered in march)
why dont you make some business cards with your number on and hand them out and get them to contact you at home when its more convieniant to speak

sarah707
15-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Why not make up a little card with all your rates on it and put it by the phone? Then when you are asked a question about fees you will be able to refer to it.

You could also put down a list of questions you want to ask parents so you don't forget anything.

I have a rule that I very rarely answer the phone during the day when I am working - unless it's someone I know well, my mum who might be in difficulties, the children's school etc.

If it's a potential client I will ring back - this gives me a chance to compose myself and make sure it's quiet in the background.

I am sure you will be better prepared next time :D

rainbowgarden
15-07-2011, 06:29 PM
thanks i think i will do some cards with am rates on. i've facebook the parent explaining hope she'll understand x