PDA

View Full Version : Permission for school to info about child

elaineg
03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
On my DHC course the tutor said that evey child should have a letter with their school/nursery or playgroup giving permission for the school/nursery or playgroup to talk to us about the child with the parents consent. Does anyone have a letter like this that I could have a peek at or does anyone have any ideas about how to word a letter.

love elaine XXX

sarah707
03-05-2008, 09:08 PM
My parents have given verbal consent in most cases, but no letters.

Maybe this is something that will be good practice under eyfs?

I am interested in the answers as well! :D

littletreasures
03-05-2008, 09:50 PM
There was one on the Bromley website, but I can't find it now. I haven't used it though I have saved it so I can change and use it if necessary.

"I give permission for any relevant information regarding my child to be given to my childminder in order to provide continuity of care.

I am available to discuss any concerns you may have and can be contacted on the telephone numbers provided. However, I am aware that sometimes incidents occur during the school day that need to be passed on to the child’s carer the same day so the child can be given additional support or reassurance if necessary. In these situations please do discuss the matter with my childminder."

Hope this helps.

littletreasures

miffy
03-05-2008, 09:53 PM
I was going to say there's one on the bromley site.

Like sarah I haven't got anything in writing from parents but imagine that it would be good practice under EYFS

miffy xx

Heaven Scent
03-05-2008, 11:22 PM
I've seen that one on Bromley too meant to give it to the parents to pass on.

elaineg
04-05-2008, 04:32 PM
thanks littletreasure, Ill pinch that one if you dont mind.

love Elaine XXX