PDA

View Full Version : Have complained to Ofsted. About Ofsted. Probably daft of me!

juslh
15-07-2011, 01:30 PM
But honestly, I am so hacked off with them. Will try to be brief!

I started my SEF online a couple of months ago since I knew my inspection was brewing soon. 5 weeks ago, I tried to log on one day and couldnt get in. I hadnt got round to actually submitting it since I was still writing it. I rang the ofsted helpline and they said someone would call me back, having confirmed it was a technical fault rather than me being dim!

Sods law that afternoon I got a call from Ofsted and a date was made for my inpection the next week. I called the helpline and said it had become urgent since obviously I wanted to submit my SEF asap. To cut a long story short no one contacted me and it wasn't sorted. The inspection came and went, I had to re-write the whole ****** SEF to provide the inspector with a paper copy on the day. She scanned my summary, but then said she wouldn't read the rest there and then because it was so long :mad: Somehow I can't imagine she read it at home later either.

I am still unable to put my SEF on line and have phoned Ofsted so many times its daft. They just say that they don't look after the website, and don't seem to be able to contact whoever does. I finally got hold of the folks who run the website, but they in turn had no idea who looked after the ofsted bit of it!! :crying:

Now for the bit where no doubt you will think Im daft - I got a good so its not as if I need to complain because of a bad grade! Its just that I worked really hard to prove my professionalism and all I have had back is incompetence and sloppiness and it really really annoys me!! I feel we should be treated with the same high standards that Ofsted expect of us. Surely.

Rant over. Im going to regret complaining tho arent I? :D

Twiglet22
15-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Hello!
No need to regret it. I put a complaint in to Ofsted earlier in the year because they were really rubbish when I was putting in a Variation to increase my numbers. They are supposed to take 3 weeks but after 3 I'd heard nothing so got in touch. They then told me they had been unable to open my attachment so had not dealt with it.
I was furious and put in a complaint to them (which was not easy - getting through to a complaints team is impossible! In the end I wrote a letter explaining my dissatisfaction) They actually dealt with it really well, introduced a new method of email notification and put through my variation immediately.
Don't worry about complaining. They, like all of us, need to have good levels of customer service, especially as they are a government body. Hopefully they will be in touch with an apology soon. Good luck and try not to stress!! :thumbsup:

Flisspaps
15-07-2011, 02:11 PM
I think you've done absolutely the right thing.

miffy
15-07-2011, 04:18 PM
You've had a poor service from both Ofsted and the company who deal with the website so you've every right to complain.

They're not going to get any better unless people like you do complain!

Glad your inspection went OK and congratulations on your good grade

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
15-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Don't worry about complaining, I have in the past and it was dealt with and I got my Variation. :thumbsup: Thats why companies have Complaints procedures