PDA

View Full Version : I feel guilty

caz3007
15-07-2011, 11:38 AM
I have a LO that I adore and mum is good to me too.

Dad collects LO at 3 but occasionally for whatever reason he doesnt and I keep LO until 5.30, but usually I know the day before.

Mum text me at 11.45 saying dad isnt going to collect so could I keep her. I have had a bad week, really busy, am really tired and hubby takes DS to swimming lessons so I had an appointment with the kettle for half hour before doing the weekly food shop.

I said to mum I could work until 4.45 as thats when the others go and that I have an appointment at 5. But I feel sooooo guilty

AliceK
15-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Don't feel guilty, you've earned that little break, I know I can't wait till my last one goes home so that I can have a 10min sit down with a coffee before I start again with my own 2 children, walking the dog, cooking tea etc etc. Sometimes one of my mums will ask me at the last minute to have their child when I wasn't scheduled to, so If I have my 6pm finish mindee that day I might agree to it as I'm working till then anyway but if I don't have my 6pm finish mindee then I might agree but only until 5.15 and then that's it, I clock off :laughing:

xxxx

leeloo1
15-07-2011, 11:54 AM
I thought you were going to say you'd given notice! :laughing:

Well done you for being assertive and defending your right to relax for half an hour! You need time to yourself or you'll get burnt out, so no need to feel guilty! :)

The Juggler
15-07-2011, 01:08 PM
don't. you should not at all hon. enjoy your cuppa!

the happy house
15-07-2011, 01:18 PM
I think what you've done is fine... but.... I would be talking to parents about a change in contracted hours. If Dad is regularly unreliable and requently doesn't collect, I'd be telling parents that you need to adjust contracted times.

Andrea08
15-07-2011, 01:38 PM
ohhh its been a long week we all need a break dont worry about it xx

caz3007
15-07-2011, 03:49 PM
I think what you've done is fine... but.... I would be talking to parents about a change in contracted hours. If Dad is regularly unreliable and requently doesn't collect, I'd be telling parents that you need to adjust contracted times.

I did suggest that to mum, cos she said she doesnt like only giving me little notice and she had to leave work early too which obviously isnt ideal. If LO was booked in until time mum finishes work every day, it would be easier all round

But they arent together and for some reason she wont rock the boat with him. Even though her grown up DD tells me mum must put her foot down

miffy
15-07-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't think you need to feel guilty - you kept lo for almost another 2 hours over the agreed time which must have been more helpful than if you'd said no can do!

Enjoy your cuppa, put your feet up and relax now :)

Miffy xx