PDA

View Full Version : Todays Food Hygiene Course - What a fiasco!!!

button68
03-05-2008, 07:14 PM
I was on a full day Food Hygiene Course today (had to farm the kids out for the 3rd Sturday on the row :mad: )

The course was billed, in my short course booklet as "Basic Food Hygiene for those who are required to prepare, handle and serve food." - and I thought that'll do me :thumbsup:

Well I turned up at 9.15 this morning only to find the course was Level 2 Food Safety :mad: First thing the tutor said was "Well I assume you have all done Basic Food Hygiene" :eek: I put my hand up and said no - didn't have the nerve to say it wasn't billed as that in my booklet.

Spent a whole day feeling out of my depth and at the end had to sit an exam which I know I have failed :( Proper exam conditions too .... sealed bags with exam papers in, tutor looking at his watch and saying comence you have 1 hour :(

I felt sick. I feel a failure but that's stupid because if I'd known what the course was I'd have never have gone for it and therefore never have failed the exam :(

Worst of all won't get the results for FIVE WEEKS!!!! I'd rather just know :angry:

mrsb
03-05-2008, 07:19 PM
omg poor you :( did you speak to anyone else on the course, did they think it was the basic one as well? I'd peak to the people who advertised the course if I were you ;)

Blaze
03-05-2008, 07:22 PM
That's weird i did the level 2 food hygiene course online ...recommended on this forum...it says in the bumf that level 2 is the new foundation.. ie the same!:rolleyes:

The rest of it though sound like my health & safety course...which I get the results of today (I passed)! Oh & that was level 2/foundation too!!!!

Mollymop
03-05-2008, 07:23 PM
How come then the booklet says Basic? I would be so angry!!
I hope you have passed, you never know.
Is there anyway you can phone the company and complain about being told it was basic and you found it very difficult and if you have failed it would have been a waste of money? They may let you go on the basic course for free.

button68
03-05-2008, 07:32 PM
How come then the booklet says Basic? I would be so angry!!
I hope you have passed, you never know.
Is there anyway you can phone the company and complain about being told it was basic and you found it very difficult and if you have failed it would have been a waste of money? They may let you go on the basic course for free.

First thing I did when got home from collecting the kids (30 miles away from where the course was being held :angry: ) I checked my booklet and it defo says BASIC!!

It's not the money, the course was subsidised (sp?) by Surestart and only cost me £5 it is the fact that I lost a day with my kids and of course my pride I HATE failing ....... :mad:

sarah707
03-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Oh that's not fair at all! :(

Try not to let it spoil the rest of your weekend, then get cross on Tuesday! :D

katickles
03-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Mandy - I just wanted to say i did this course in March & like you - I never did the first level. I passed & thouht i'd flumped it so don't worry! :)

elaineg
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi Mandy

I did this course a couple of months back, I didnt realise there was an exam at the end and was sure I had failed miserably, but I passed, so fingers crossed you might be surprised with a certificate in a few weeks time.

love elaine XXX

Tickles
03-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Hi i also did one called elementary food hygiene & had 2 sit exam at end. full day course, & i did learn alot [ hubby said i was brain washed!]

anyway passed with flying colours, so im sure u will be fine

nell57
04-05-2008, 06:45 AM
omg I have mine on the 17th of this month and not looking forward to it

In my training directory it is down as the level 2 ,but I'm under the impression that it replaces the basic one. Think I need to find out before I go just to be clear in my own mind.

Fingers crossed you've passed yours

Helen

miffy
04-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Forget it now Mandy and don't let it spoil the rest of your weekend.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you have passed - you can't be sure and I bet there were others like you who thought they were on a different course

miffy xx

Banana
04-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Dont worry Mandy!!

I am sure you have passed! positive thinking chicken!
x

disney
04-05-2008, 07:27 PM
oh deer feel sorry for you . try not to worry and enjoy your bank holiday .x

Cammie Doodle
04-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Ah bless you.
Carolyn and I had the same experience when we arrived on our course, it freaked us so much we rang our training team to make sure that we had not been booked on the wrong course, but they assured us that it was the right one and that the course was now called the foundation level 2 :rolleyes: and means the same as basic , like you we had to do the exam :panic: :panic: and had to wait 6 weeks for results, convinced that we had failed we looked at the on line course. But we had passed :clapping: :clapping: but have decided to do the online one when this crtificate expires. We' re not putting ouselves through that again