PDA

View Full Version : Where to put babies/toddlers for a nap.

Cazz
03-05-2008, 07:12 PM
I am planning to use my conservatory as a playroom and the lounge as a quiet area (my kitchen/diner is between the two rooms), is it acceptable to have a travel cot to put up in the lounge if a baby or young toddler requires a nap or should it be in a bedroom? You do have to go through the lounge to reach the kitchen & conservatory.

I was going to register my baby's bedroom but if I can do it this way I wouldn't have to use my upstairs at all as I have a downstairs toilet. Also, if it is acceptable to use my lounge would it be okay for my own baby to go upstairs in her cot for her nap whilst I am childminding?

I am asking about the use of the lounge as a viewpoint of Ofsted and also wondering if it could put off some parents who may want their baby/toddler to nap in a bedroom away from other children? Has anyone had any experience/issues with this?

Thanks - Carole x

katickles
03-05-2008, 07:35 PM
I didn't want any of my upstairs regisered at all, like you i have enough room downstairs including a toilet. I didn't want to register my dining room but in the end decided to do so so that this could be sleep room for babys/toddlers.

This way i have the options of using the lounge or conservatory for minding iyswim? :)

sarah707
03-05-2008, 07:40 PM
That sounds fine! I have a travel cot up in my living room as well and the children play in the back.

It means I can watch baby without having the worry of what to do with toddlers while I go upstairs... :D

Polly2
03-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Mine sleep in my lounge too!

ruby
03-05-2008, 09:15 PM
the older ones sleep on blow up beds in the back room. the baby sleeps in her pushchair.

prefer to have them down stairs as we can keep an eye on them better

cathy

Cazz
03-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks everyone! Most parents obviously don't mind them sleeping downstairs then. I couldn't have a travel cot up all the time I would just use it on the days that a baby would need it - hadn't thought of a blow-up bed for the older ones that's a good idea. :)

Carole x