PDA

View Full Version : Might need to give up :(

Gizmo
14-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi sorry its been a while since I have been on here but things have gone a bit strange in my bubble.
One of my mums told me yesterday that she is giving me notice, thats 4 in the last 3 months I have gone from full to only one full time mindee and the finances are hitting the skids too. I have been on a major advertising campaign tonight and think I will put postcards thru doors on Sunday just fed up, I even called my old boss to see if he was looking for anyone I really dont want to go back to office work but may have to :(

fionamal
14-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Dont give up yet, it will pick up. I was down to a parttimer since xmas and have now just in the last couple of weeks managed to get all my spaces filled starting from August.

sarah707
14-07-2011, 09:14 PM
It's the busy time coming up with people thinking about getting sorted for September.

Hopefully you will get some calls xx

The Juggler
14-07-2011, 10:02 PM
sorry to hear that hon:( hope that you fill them soon x

gegele
14-07-2011, 10:08 PM
it's the period of hunting for childcare for september. keep your chin up, smile and think positive!!:D :D

if july planner don't come your way you have the late on in august and the "s&%$ it's september -i-have-no-childcare"
that's with 2of them that i started :laughing: :laughing:

things change all the time in our job. i have part timers only and i'm struggling a bit at mo because of 1 on maternity leave but then in feb i'll be full...until the next maternity leave LOL

smile

emmadines
14-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Hello, try to hold out till at least end of september as its normally the time of year where i normally get a handful of calles....

flowerpots
15-07-2011, 05:56 AM
Sorry to hear that hun, i hope the phone starts ringing asap. x

caz3007
15-07-2011, 06:59 AM
I am also losing about half my income in the next couple of weeks, but have decided that I am looking forward to finishing early during the holidays. Have had two visits this week but dont think they will come although they were keen, there are travel issues with both of them.

I am not too bothered right now as know usually come the end of August or September it usually gets busy again

miffy
15-07-2011, 07:06 AM
I agree with the others that this is the time of year you start getting phone calls for September so don't give up just yet.

Hopefully your advertising campaign will pay off.

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
15-07-2011, 07:45 AM
hope the phone starts ringing soon x

I am down to 1 part time after next week, having a quiet summer then hopefully will get his baby sister coming too for 3 days a week which will do me nicely, fingers crossed

Jo Jo
15-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Hope the calls start coming soon for you, i know how you feel i have been registered since march and still have no mindees, i have a parent interested though but its not until next jan 2012, fingers crossed for you :)

ORKSIE
15-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Hope it picks up soon.
Sending good luck vibes your way :thumbsup:

xx

loocyloo
15-07-2011, 01:37 PM
i spoke to the other minder in my village ... she is full and says she passes my number on to everyone who enquires ... yet only one person has called me! and then decided she didn't need care after all! :rolleyes: