PDA

View Full Version : MM or NCMA?????

Tracy123
14-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Which is best? I am now regisitered awaiting my certificate. I put in my policies i was going to go with NCMA (dont know why!) Looked at the prices last night and thought there was a big difference. Ofsted inspector said i would get a free fire blanket off them which i wont.
What does everyone think?
Need to get it sorted ASAP as need some contracts.
Advice would be great
Thanks

tulip0803
14-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I am a member of the NCMA - part of the fee that you pay is membership of the National Childminding Association which is the "professional body" for childminders and childminding. They lobby government, provide training & support for their members. I will always be a member of the NCMA as I believe that they work hard on our behalf and it is good to be able to say that I am a NCMA registerd childminder. The other part is for PLI. You do not have to have NCMA PLI to be a member but to be insured by the NCMA you must have membership IYSWIM.

However my PLI is with Morton Michel. They provide insurance for childcare settings they do not lobby on behalf of childminders they are an insurance company that provides extras.

I also only use NCMA contracts, accident forms, medication forms.

Tracy123
14-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the reply! After reading another thread on here i think i will stick with NCMA and see how that goes. It is more expensive but if i find i dont like it i will change when up for renewal.
Thanks

Andrea08
15-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Im thinking of changing to MM just because of the additional help they offer for when parents dont pay us on time or not at all...

looking into the pros n cons before my insurance is due some time nr August time,,