PDA

View Full Version : Planning From Your LA

Mamma4Ya
14-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Just wondering if any Welsh childminders had problems getting planning to use their home for childminding from their local authority?

jelly15
14-07-2011, 07:14 AM
I had no problem when I registered 2 years ago, are you then?

Polly2
14-07-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm in Monmouthshire and had no problems at all - even recently when I registered my daughter as assistant they were great. I know there are a couple of counties in Wales who kick up a fuss but I can't remember where they are.

I know the ncma is trying to help where they can as we discussed this recently

tulip0803
14-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I had to fill in a form in my application pack and send it back to the planning office. They have restricted my numbers to 6 minded children without planning permission, so I cannot have hoards of over 8s but that suits me fine as I couldn't get them in my car:p . If I want more I would need to apply for change of use.

Mamma4Ya
14-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I had no problem when I registered 2 years ago, are you then?

I have not contacted them yet, I had heard that some counties can be a bit of a pain, I just hope our local LA is ok with it all. :)

webbthomas
16-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Hi
I fall under Newport City Council planning and had no problems at all with planning. :) Hope everything runs smoothly for you.

JAC DO
16-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Both me and my mum are registered childminders, but as we work of the same premises, we are restricted to six with out planning. Although planning officer said if you can find someone else who has more than six without planning, the I'll let you have the same.

Would love to go for planning, but don't want to pay buissnes rates, so will stay at six.

Mamma4Ya
04-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Just been to my first meeting and found out that I do not need planning but I do need to inform them that I will be applying to become a childminder in my home.