PDA

View Full Version : How long did your SEF take you?

md0u0131
13-07-2011, 09:10 PM
The first time you wrote it? I've been trying to chip away at bits of it since I registered but OMG its taking me forever!!!

I don't know if I'm just waffling too much - am consciously not repeating myself though, I also think I'm maybe bigging myself up too much - is this possible? If I write good stuff then the inspector comes and sees a load of crap she'll just think I'm mad!

francinejayne
13-07-2011, 09:56 PM
In total about 50+ hours!! Spread over weeks.

It was completely worth it though, when my inspector came the first thing she said to me was "you did a fabulous SEF, and as long as i see nothing to contradict what you wrote I won't be here long!" and she wasn't - just over 2 hours in total! :clapping:

i would say go for it! my inspector said as long as the info is in there somewhere they will read it, even if it is under the wrong section!

Toothfairy
14-07-2011, 06:40 AM
It took me 3-4hrs every night for a week!

I strongly recommend you buy Sarah's E-book, I don't think I could have filled it in as well without it.

Good luck :thumbsup:

sarah707
14-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Hours and hours and hours... :laughing:

My inspector said the same as francinejayne's one - it gave her a view of my provision before she came and all she was doing on the inspection was checking I hadn't told any lies.

You can't big yourself up too much - it's your once in 3 years chance to shine so make the most of it! :D

miffy
14-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Hours and hours and hours... :laughing:

I was about to say the same! :laughing: And that was with Sarah's e-book - don't think I would ever have got it done without that!

Miffy xx

snufflepuff
14-07-2011, 07:45 AM
I spent a whole weekend on mine- pretty much only left the laptop to use the toilet and have a bath! And Mrs O didn't even read it- she didn't have time. She took a hard copy with her to read after the inspection and just posted it back with a note saying, 'excellent, very well written, thank you'

Louise0208
14-07-2011, 08:49 AM
im the oposite to everyone else, mine took about 4 hours but thats because i wanted it to represent me!

Im to the point & dont waffle! i dont use long words in my daily life & didnt do so in my SEF, if she met me & expected someone with an amazing choice of vocabrary (cant even spell it lol) then she will be sorely disapointed!

it was truthfull & to the point! :D

bexcee
14-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Just trying to tackle mine, been putting it off but needs must! Have rung Ofsted for my security token and has just purchased Sarah's ebook so am almost ready to go.

Wish me luck!!

md0u0131
14-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I have sarah's eBook that has been a life saver thank you!

I've done bits before in schools but never realised how bigbthe whole thing was! Im going for the theory the more I write the less she'll ask on d-day as im rubbish at being put on the spot!

PixiePetal
14-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I didn't do it :o

I had so much else to catch up on that it just didn't happen before my inspection. I have been minding a good few years and was happy to chat away and back things up with my paperwork/her seeing what I do. I evaluate myself all the time and alter things along the way.

when/if it becomes compulsory I will do it!

Andrea08
14-07-2011, 02:57 PM
ha took me 4ever... and still updating every few months (although its been almost 6mths now ) agree sarah's e-book helped loads :thumbsup:

it will never get the stamp of plain english lol why they have it so long i will never know, why not just group it in to 3 areas..

setting (environment), relationsips and partnership working, then 6 areas of L&D

i almost repeated myself a few times too

good luck with it x.................. got to update mine now :panic:

sarah sunflower
14-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I have just started mine yesterday!
Couldn't even think about doing it without sarah's e-book! It is the best money I have spent! :)
So far I have done about 9ish hours and have just finished minding for the day so just about to do some more!!
think it will take a few more hours so will hopefully have it complete before inspector rings to give me a date!! ( had the call from prospects 2 days ago so got mad head on!!)

georgie456
14-07-2011, 04:32 PM
It took me SO long, but if I have one regret, it's not buying Sarah's e-book sooner!!!! Once I had that, I got through it so much quicker.

I update annually now, and it doesn't take too long.