PDA

View Full Version : 1st inspection panic is now setting in!!

sarah sunflower
13-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Had the call from prospects? yesterday asking if i'm minding so been in a mad panic today starting my SEF (flying through it thanks to sarah's ebook! your fab btw!! :) absolutely love your helpfulness )

So now got a few questions, but there probably really silly!! :)

1. I have ran out of accident forms, can I do a 'similar' one to the one we are supplied with from NCMA or do I have to buy more from them??

2. I dont have many toys that reflect multi-cultural diversity etc. I'm looking at buy some but not sure whats the best, so if you could point me in the right directions that would be good!!

3. has anyone had a recent inspection and do you know what there hot on??
Got my policies, RA, learning journals near enough up to date but what else should I have!??!

Good god I can't wait till its all over!! :)

oh and one last thing not related to inspection. My good friend is pregnant and is also a childminder, she has asked today if I could cover her while she is on maternity, ( towards end of year and only for a maximum of 6-8 weeks maybe) would ofsted grant a variation if I needed one as I may be one over my numbers for a few hours on certain days!?

many thanks you lovely people!! :)

a very stressed and nervous sarah xx

sarah707
13-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Had the call from prospects? yesterday asking if i'm minding so been in a mad panic today starting my SEF (flying through it thanks to sarah's ebook! your fab btw!! :) absolutely love your helpfulness )

You are welcome I am pleased it is helping!

So now got a few questions, but there probably really silly!! :)

Nah! Nothing is silly if it's worrying someone

1. I have ran out of accident forms, can I do a 'similar' one to the one we are supplied with from NCMA or do I have to buy more from them??

You can write similar ones if you are able to make them look suitably professional.

They must contain all the 'right' information but be careful about copyright if you are copying something from NCMA.

2. I dont have many toys that reflect multi-cultural diversity etc. I'm looking at buy some but not sure whats the best, so if you could point me in the right directions that would be good!!

You might find this thread useful -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41&highlight=multicultural

3. has anyone had a recent inspection and do you know what there hot on??
Got my policies, RA, learning journals near enough up to date but what else should I have!??!

Safeguarding - know the signs and your procedure backwards.

There are some really good feedback threads in the 'ofsted inspections' part of the forum.

Good god I can't wait till its all over!! :)

oh and one last thing not related to inspection. My good friend is pregnant and is also a childminder, she has asked today if I could cover her while she is on maternity, ( towards end of year and only for a maximum of 6-8 weeks maybe) would ofsted grant a variation if I needed one as I may be one over my numbers for a few hours on certain days!?

Ring them or ask your inspector.

many thanks you lovely people!! :)

a very stressed and nervous sarah xx

You'll be fine! good luck ... and ask again if there's anything else :D