PDA

View Full Version : 'Learning Journey' - getting myself v confused!

Joda
13-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Just reading through another thread about LJ's - I am due my inspection very soon:eek: (it's well overdue in fact!). I don't do a LJ for each child - I use a daily diary, observations and next steps covering the 6 area's of learning, I take lots of photo's which go straight home to the parents as they are relevent to that particular time and all craft/art work goes home too.

So, to clarify, should I be doing a folder for each child with artwork photo's in etc? I've got 6 EYFS children and I'm getting really stressed by it all (even though parents are more than happy with the care I provide!)

flowerpots
13-07-2011, 06:47 PM
it sounds like you are doing a lj without realising, iwas VERY confused with it all until i bought sarah's e-book, i think its called a year of the learning journey, its great, it breaks it all down month by month and explains everything. Hope this helps hun. xxxxx

Katiekoo
13-07-2011, 07:27 PM
If I were you I would simply put the observations and next steps covering the 6 area's of learning, into a folder.
Then at the front put a photo of the child and any info you gathered when the child first started.
Then start now making copies of the photo's which go home to the parents and make a page per big/significant activity with photos of their craft/art work with a little description of what the child did, that way you can still send the original work home.
Good luck :)

georgie456
13-07-2011, 08:05 PM
it sounds like you are doing a lj without realising, iwas VERY confused with it all until i bought sarah's e-book, i think its called a year of the learning journey, its great, it breaks it all down month by month and explains everything. Hope this helps hun. xxxxx

Agreed. I would call what you are doing a Learning Journey - Keep it up!!! :)