PDA

View Full Version : Littlies v schoolies fees difference

jadavi
13-07-2011, 02:07 PM
As a newbie can people tell me what the difference is in their fees for little ones and school kids and the rationale behind this?

Am pre reg

cheers
jac

jumpinjen
13-07-2011, 02:13 PM
many people charge more per hour or a set session fees for schoolies as that makes it 'worth' the effort of getting everyone ready and out to walk/drive to the school, drop off and come home. the process of dropping off in itself, without any time before this can take around an hour and if charging 3.50 per hour it is a lot out of your day for very little return. So a session fee of £8 or whatever makes it worth the upheaval in the day.... it does depend though..... some minders charge higher/session fee during term time and then normal hourly fee for the holidays if they have the child all day in the hols.

HTH, Jen x

Lady Haha
13-07-2011, 07:58 PM
It also depends on your competition. If there is an after school club that is really cheap and you go charging double, then you won't get much in the way of business!

I have schoolies and charge fixed fee of £9 for school pick up til 6pm which includes a cooked meal. It doesn't sound much, but I have up to six of them most nights, so most days I get paid £54 for less than 3 hours work :) I won't do hourly as I don't want some one taking up a valuable seat in the car for £3.80!!!

I do a school drop off too which I just charge my hourly fee of £3.80 from 8am to 8.45am. This is very rarely used as the school has a breakfast club which is 50p a day, so you can see what I mean about competition!

onceinabluemoon
13-07-2011, 08:05 PM
I charge the same rate for both

We have school wraparound care here that takes most of the business cos its so cheap and now a brand new nursery too so cant afford to be too expensive.

mushpea
13-07-2011, 08:49 PM
I cant see how a schoolie is more or less work than a littlie and therefore I charge the same rate,, they are all individuals and can all be hard work in their own way. having said that there are no after school clubs etc for me to compete with althoug there are several childminders in my area.

tulip0803
13-07-2011, 08:51 PM
I charge the same rate for everybody that comes, whatever their age or hours. Makes it easier to work out for me as I am easily confused:blush:

singlewiththree
13-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I charge for by the hour for everyone, the same fee for all and that way I can't get confused!