PDA

View Full Version : Raaargh! School being awkward

suzyjane73
13-07-2011, 12:31 PM
My DD starts full time school in september so I have taken on a rising 5 school run and a new baby from the first day of term. The first day of term has been well known as 7th Sept for a good few months. But I had a letter today to say my daughter's start date is Friday 9th as they are staggering the new starters. Just found out the rising 5's staggered start date is also 9th (although she won't be a rising 5 until the day she starts school) so I will have to have her here at my house with my daughter and the new baby so that will put me two over my numbers. (as I also have 2 other LO's that day) I have rang school and they refuse to change the start date to 7th. I have to go to school on 7th and 8th anyway because I drop off my older son.

I know they've swapped dates for people with less valid reasons to change. Makes me mad!!

Ripeberry
13-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Surely your DD is already in your numbers?

JCrakers
13-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Yes agree with ripeberry. Your own daughter should not show on your certificate.

So if it shows you can have 2 under 5's your daughter makes up the 3 that is allowed

Hope you sort it

becky

FussyElmo
13-07-2011, 12:49 PM
If the Op's dd is 4 she wont be classed as a rising 5 till the 9th september so she will count in her numbers.

Can you talk to the parents and ask them if tehy can arrange something - other than that see if ofsted will grant you an variation for the two day (but whether or not they will grant you 5 under 5's) you need.

Our school is notorious for changing the start dates.

Will they go full time straight off?

suzyjane73
13-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm allowed 2 under 5 until the day my dd starts full time school and then it changes to 3 under 5.

I have contacted one of the parents and she is trying to arrange alternative care for those days. Not a good start, makes me look disorganised!!

I suppose this sort of thing happens now and again, will just have to try and figure it out.

caz3007
13-07-2011, 05:06 PM
You are lucky that they are starting them that early. Our local schools only have them mornings in reception for ages and ages, if their birthdays are after xmas they are often part time until after half term

They also stagger the intake too

miffy
13-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Who did you speak to at school? Perhaps you should try and see the Head face to face, it might work.

If not I'd ask Ofsted to grant you a variation for those two days, there's plenty of time to sort that out if you apply now.

Miffy xx

suzyjane73
14-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks for your helpful advise. I have had a piece of luck that one of my other little ones will be on hols that week and it looks like I might be ending the contract of the other little one before then due to non payment, not turning up etc.

OMG those schools that start the kids off on half days for a term, that must be extremely difficult. Start as you mean to go on, that's what I think!!

LChurch
14-07-2011, 01:15 PM
My dd is part time for a month, I am not happy, I have told them she needs to be full time before then as she is ready. It will be more tiring for her and me etc having her walk down to school and back twice a day.