PDA

View Full Version : childcare tax credit criterea?

samkeddy
13-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi,

just wondered if anyone knows how childcare tax credits work to help me and a family out.

I care for child 'G' while dad works full time and mum works 28hrs a week and they get childcare tax credits.

At the end of july dad will be laid off, family dont want to loose their childcare place with me (and i dont want to loose G!) but we imagine they will no longer be entitled to tax credits?? and obviously they cant afford to pay me full whack themselves.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks in advance x x

aly
13-07-2011, 11:37 AM
what about doing the vouchers instead?..if they lose them it might be the only way and its so easy to set up.

clio0602
13-07-2011, 11:41 AM
I think both parents have to be,working 16+ hrs a wk tbh. Some1 correct me if wrong. Hope you can work something out x

samkeddy
13-07-2011, 11:51 AM
just had a quick look on the tax credit webpage and it looks like your right about the 16+ hours each :(

I dont know what the vouchers are or how they work??

Thanks

aly
13-07-2011, 12:13 PM
theya re easy, 1 of my parents pays by vouchers.

they are taken from the parent's pay BEFORE tax and sent either in a paper version that you can treat as a cheque and pay into the bank, or electronically by bank transfer that takes a few days from the parents pay.

I think the max they pay out is £243 a month so anything over that parents need to top up, but they top up now anyway.

its a good tax free saving for them and if they aren't entitled to child tax then this is probably the best way for them....you should get them to speak to their hr dept and get some info...if noone uses it in their works then maybe she could get a few parents to sign up as I think it only needs a few to sign up.

The only thing is if for some reason an error occurs with a payment, we CANNOT refund the parent but it has to go back via the voucher scheme as it can be taken as fraud as it is tax free.

http://www.childcarevouchers.co.uk/Pages/Default.aspx

samkeddy
13-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks for that i'll look int5o it and ask her to do the same at her work, ta x x