PDA

View Full Version : Strugging with the 'Preparing for your visit' Booklet!!

princess-c1984
13-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi all,

Ive got my pre reg visit tomorrow and I know this sounds crazy but I am really struggling filling in the booklet. I know most of the answers and its all common sense but its just trying to word it and put it down on paper. I've been sat here the last anwer and have only answred the first question lol. Doesn't think it helps that I have a mischievious 22 month old distracting me :(

Sorry Just needed to have a rant........x

Jiorjiina
13-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Er, I 'borrowed' a number of answers from my portfolio for the Intro to Childcare course. ;)

JoJo*
13-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Just jot a few notes down and when they come to visit you can elaborate on your answers???

sarah707
13-07-2011, 05:48 PM
I have just written an e-book on it... what questions are you stuck on and I'll try and help :D

Kezzle
13-07-2011, 06:16 PM
I've done half of mine and i really haven't bothered with trying to make it sound word perfect. I have only written the first half in pencil, but they are only common sense replies nothing like how the EYFS is written.

I might tweak it when i go back to it.

princess-c1984
13-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi Sarah707 I would really appreciate it if you could :)

- What resources and equipment do you know you will need to meet the individual needs of children? I know toys etc depending on their age, but its a hard question when you dont know who you will be looking after.

- How will you make sue you meet the space requirements? How will you take into account the needs of children with special needs, such as a disability?

- What will you consider when plannning a suitable environment for children? (all i can come up with on this one is safety!)

-What are the required policies and procedures? (I have looked everywhere in my files and cant seem to find it)

- If you are applying to be registered on both the early years and the childcare register, what are the differncers between the two?

Sorry for all the questions and your probably thinking im stupid lol (I am) My brain is totally dead and I am freaking out about my visit....eek!!!x

sarah707
13-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi Sarah707 I would really appreciate it if you could :)

- What resources and equipment do you know you will need to meet the individual needs of children?

Babies - equipment - high chairs, cots

Babies - resources - treasure baskets, noisy toys, board books

Toddlers - equipment - car seats, buggies

Toddlers - resources - sensory books, pull along toys etc.

Just give a few examples for different age ranges of toys and equipment you will have if you get asked to look after them.

I know toys etc depending on their age, but its a hard question when you dont know who you will be looking after.

- How will you make sue you meet the space requirements?

Space requirements are in the Eyfs. You will meet them by making sure children have space to play and move around safely.

How will you take into account the needs of children with special needs, such as a disability?

It depends on the disability. Think of a few and talk about what you will put in place to enable the child to join in.

For example a hearing impaired child might need a hearing loop - you could find out where to borrow one from locally.

A child in a walker might need raised table or space to get to the table which is not impeded by a chair in the way.

- What will you consider when plannning a suitable environment for children? (all i can come up with on this one is safety!)

Planning also covers how your resources are laid out and what children can do in the space available.

For example, think about outside - how will you keep babies safe from the footballers? What about children who want to paint... where can they do that if others are dashing around on bikes?

Look at theme and commitment cards from section 3 the learning environment for lots more ideas.

-What are the required policies and procedures? (I have looked everywhere in my files and cant seem to find it)

They are listed in this thread here -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=45805

- If you are applying to be registered on both the early years and the childcare register, what are the differncers between the two?

There is a document in free downloads at the top of the forum that will help you.

Sorry for all the questions and your probably thinking im stupid lol (I am) My brain is totally dead and I am freaking out about my visit....eek!!!x

You'll be fine. I think you are over-thinking it! Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one.

Hth :D

princess-c1984
13-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Thank you :) what will I do without this site x

nikkiross1
14-07-2011, 03:19 PM
what booklet is this????

i am waiting to hear about when my pre -reg visit i hve sent my crb form off -should i already have one of these booklets?? x

sarah707
14-07-2011, 05:43 PM
what booklet is this????

i am waiting to hear about when my pre -reg visit i hve sent my crb form off -should i already have one of these booklets?? x

It is a booklet called 'preparing for your registration inspection'.

There is a copy in free downloads at the top of the forum and you will find it on the Ofsted website.

It gives a list of the questions your Ofsted inspector is likely to ask.

Hth :D

nikkiross1
15-07-2011, 08:33 AM
thanks a lot :)

Alexia
08-05-2013, 02:00 PM
i cannot find the preparing for your registration visit booklet. I have 25 questions that Ofsted are likely to ask that I got from my training course,
but I had to come out with the answers myself, would someone help me answer the questions properly so I don't make mistakes, I can post them
here and everybody can give me the best answer they can come with, would that be possible :S
I am from Warrington, just finished my first aid and hygiene course now waiting for my first inspection, I still have to do my policies and this 25
questions that are driving me crazy!!!

sing-low
09-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Bear in mind that the Inspector may not word the questions in the exact same way or ask them in the order in the booklet. That's what happened at my pre-reg on Tuesday and I've heard the same from others who've just registered. Also, the inspector will want to hear things in your own words and specifically related to your setting. For example, my home has steps everywhere and no downstairs toilet. I'd thought about what I might do to accommodate a child with special needs but when the Inspector asked about it, I paused and thought and then said that I wouldn't be able to take a child with mobility issues without making major changes to my home so I probably wouldn't be able to and she said that was the right answer because they didn't want people saying they could take children unless they really were able to properly look after them. Lifting a child upstairs to go to the toilet wouldn't be practical or safe. We did briefly discuss that I could install a stair lift or make other changes but practically I just can't in this house. Greater accessibility will be high on my priority list if we move.