PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone come across certificate of good conduct?

Rachel_82
13-07-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm currently going through the registration process to become a childminder. Everything seemed to be going ok, even completed my IHP course yesterday, when I get a letter from OFSTED stating I need a certificate of good conduct. This is due to the fact that my husband lived in Canada for 5 years and came back to England nearly 3 years ago.....

So basically he has to get his finger prints done and sent to Canada for him to get the all clear!!! AND it can take upto 120 days!!!!
Just when I thought I was close to getting registered, this is going to put a massive delay!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad:

So was just wondering if anyone else came across this and how long it actually took for the certificate to arrive?

Rachel
xxx

sarah707
13-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Yes this is a requirement for anyone who has lived abroad and it can take a heck of a long time I'm afraid.

The last one I remember took the full 4 months and then had to be chased ... but that was Europe not Canada. I don't know how efficient they are in Canada.

The biggest problem is that Ofsted won't chase it until it has taken the full length of time so you don't know if it is lost or mislaid or sitting missed on someone's desk until after the 120 days :(

I hope it's quick for you! I suggest you put everything on hold for now though or you'll just end up getting upset.

Hugs xx