PDA

View Full Version : shortest contract ever

gazanne
13-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Mum came to see us three weeks ago loved us and signed up there and then to start this monday every day after morning nursery. Great.
Had a great day monday very excited teacher said she had talked about coming all morning. same again yesterday played with all the other children, enjoyed all her meals, no problems. Late last night i recieved a text from mum saying M would not be coming after friday because M had said " she doesn't want mummy to go to work anymore" so mum is handing her notice in this morning :panic: I know this is the first job since M was born ( M's nearly 5 ) but even so to give up work the first time the child says she doesn't want mum to go to work is a bit much. Oh well. Worst thing is I'm not strong enough to ask her to pay a months notice after just 2 days.blush:

munch149
13-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Has she paid a deposit. If so just keep this in lieu of notice at least then you don't actually have to ask for money

Mouse
13-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Oh dear. It sound as if mum can't manage working and leaving her child with anyone :( At least you know mindee was happy with you.

Have you got a settling period written into the contract? If you have, it usually says that either party can withdraw from the contract within the frst 4 weeks, without having to give notice. If you've got that in, I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to ask for notice anyway.

alwaysright
13-07-2011, 11:22 AM
maybe txt should have read, thank you very much for your ofsted number my child tax credit is now sorted so i dont need to work i'll just make do will that money instead!!

maybe i'm being synical but it happens and has happened to me, the funny thing was this woman cleared off without notice or anything then a while later we were in a restaurant and she walks in, saw me and turned and walked back out again :laughing: maybe she thought i was going to go over and say how can you afford this when you owe me money....:mad: wouldnt lower myself

rickysmiths
13-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Mum came to see us three weeks ago loved us and signed up there and then to start this monday every day after morning nursery. Great.
Had a great day monday very excited teacher said she had talked about coming all morning. same again yesterday played with all the other children, enjoyed all her meals, no problems. Late last night i recieved a text from mum saying M would not be coming after friday because M had said " she doesn't want mummy to go to work anymore" so mum is handing her notice in this morning :panic: I know this is the first job since M was born ( M's nearly 5 ) but even so to give up work the first time the child says she doesn't want mum to go to work is a bit much. Oh well. Worst thing is I'm not strong enough to ask her to pay a months notice after just 2 days.blush:

Sorry I would. If it is in the Contract then she should pay it, remember you are a business not a chariety. Mums choice to give up work.

This is the reason I take a 4 weeks fees Deposit when a Contract is signed and hold it to the end of the Contract to cover the 4 weeks notice. or it is forfited if the Contract proper does start ie cancelled dring the 4 week settling in.

Tealady
13-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Late last night i recieved a text from mum saying M would not be coming after friday because M had said " she doesn't want mummy to go to work anymore" so mum is handing her notice in this morning :panic: I know this is the first job since M was born ( M's nearly 5 ) but even so to give up work the first time the child says she doesn't want mum to go to work is a bit much. :

Mum was probably reluctant to return to work and jumped on this comment as an excuse to pack it in. I had two come for a settling in session (8mth & 2½yrs old siblings) They had a ball. Mum who had popped into work for the time they were here, as she was going to work in her husbands business, said how glad she was to have found me, didn't really think or worry about the children at all. Next day I got an email terminating as she felt they were too young to be left. I think she felt guilty for not feeling guilty she'd left them.

mariehunter
13-07-2011, 02:18 PM
if she has signed a contract then she s liable for however many weeks fees the termination of contract states...and I dontthink she hcan terminate the contract via text can she? in writting surely?
Hugs hun, we have al probably been there but youhave aright to that money you earned it.. be strong..

gazanne
13-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Mum was probably reluctant to return to work and jumped on this comment as an excuse to pack it in. I had two come for a settling in session (8mth & 2½yrs old siblings) They had a ball. Mum who had popped into work for the time they were here, as she was going to work in her husbands business, said how glad she was to have found me, didn't really think or worry about the children at all. Next day I got an email terminating as she felt they were too young to be left. I think she felt guilty for not feeling guilty she'd left them.

Thats exactly what I thought. Not worried about the notice money but I realise I do need to start putting my foot down. Never have been good with confrontation (sp) Thankfully the same day I had to turn down an enquiry for siblings because I only had a space for the 9yr old and not the 7 yr old so I text her and have now filled her place with 2 more children. Result.:clapping: