PDA

View Full Version : party ideas please

mushpea
12-07-2011, 07:33 PM
I have a 3.5yrold whos been with me three years leaving me next wednesday and a 2.5yrold who finishs for the summer (termtime only) so I wanted to throw a bit of a party for them,, along side them will be another 3yrold and some minded friends children of similar ages,, thought i'd get out some balloons, party food and bubbles but what other sort of games would they be able to participate in or other ideas would you do for children this age?

love381
12-07-2011, 08:57 PM
We get white paper party bags - not too sure where from as my mum gets them. They are brilliant - children can decorate them, colour them, stick stickers on them etc. Takes up a bit of time at a party, but looks so personal and good to take home.

We also play colour games at little ones parties, 'who can find me something x?' normally the colour of the balloons or the pool balls we get out etc.

Decorate your own cupcake/biscuit.

Make your own fruit kebab (obviously supervised as sometimes kebab sticks aren't great).

Chocolate fondue is a favourite in here at the minute! I've never seen so many children eat so much fruit when they have a tea spoon of melted chocolate!!

Make a flag/banner.

Balloon bopping (keep the ballon in the air).

Dancing competition.

Head shoulders knees and toes.

Pull string pinata.

That's all that is coming to me for now, but I'll get my thinking cap on.

x

samb
12-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Musical bumps
Simon Says
easy treasure hunts like hiding choc coins round room in easy places to find, the hokee cokee
funny obstacles races - use objects such as a hat, a bucket/basket and a piece of toy food, that you have similar items of for that amount of children, line them up same distance apart, run put on hat, run pick up basket, run put item in basket, run to you...
a fun outside game - bowl of water and sponges and empty bowl needed. See how long it takes to get all water from 1 bowl to the other using the sponges - will need to change after!

Chimps Childminding
12-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks Love381 there are some great ideas there!! I will print them out ready for the next party we have :thumbsup: Makes a change from the usual pass the parcel :clapping:

mushpea
13-07-2011, 06:00 AM
wow some fab ideas there thanks very much

miffy
13-07-2011, 06:57 AM
We get white paper party bags - not too sure where from as my mum gets them. They are brilliant - children can decorate them, colour them, stick stickers on them etc. Takes up a bit of time at a party, but looks so personal and good to take home.

We also play colour games at little ones parties, 'who can find me something x?' normally the colour of the balloons or the pool balls we get out etc.

Decorate your own cupcake/biscuit.

Make your own fruit kebab (obviously supervised as sometimes kebab sticks aren't great).

Chocolate fondue is a favourite in here at the minute! I've never seen so many children eat so much fruit when they have a tea spoon of melted chocolate!!

Make a flag/banner.

Balloon bopping (keep the ballon in the air).

Dancing competition.

Head shoulders knees and toes.

Pull string pinata.

That's all that is coming to me for now, but I'll get my thinking cap on.

x

Some great ideas - thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Miffy xx

shelly2012
13-07-2011, 06:57 AM
They are all great ideas i'm sure you and the kids will have a great party :laughing:

grindal
13-07-2011, 07:35 AM
I would keep the games very simple for this age group - especially if adult help is limited.
Using 2 parcels is a good idea for pass the parcel, otherwise it can get a bit boring as its just sitting and waiting really. Musical bumps and statues are easy to organise and play.
I always make sure I have a good supply of stickers as prizes and spot gifts!

My mindee is 2 on friday - so after school we will do a quick pass the parcel, a round of musical statues and have some little cup cakes with candles.

Enjoy!