PDA

View Full Version : How do I tell her????

emmadines
12-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Mum came and collected they boys this afternoon and all of a sudden I begun to feel really bad that I am soon to give notice!!

How do I give notice?? in all my 3 years as a childminder I have never had to actually give a family notice to end contract.....

xx

littlecheeks
12-07-2011, 07:34 PM
i know it may seem really horrible to do, but if you need to give notice its just one of those things!

try to keep it professional and not too personal. it doesnt have to be really long and explain to much.

is there a reason for given notice? you could word it in a nice way!

good luck

emmadines
12-07-2011, 07:50 PM
i know it may seem really horrible to do, but if you need to give notice its just one of those things!

try to keep it professional and not too personal. it doesnt have to be really long and explain to much.

is there a reason for given notice? you could word it in a nice way!

good luck

nothing the children have done, just a change in career

littlecheeks
12-07-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm sure the parents will understand, and I'm sure they will appreciate help finding another cm.

at the end of letter you could put 'i have enjoyed my time working with your family and wish you all the best' .

its one of them awkward parts of the job!

once you've given them the letter, i bet you'll feel abit better.

x

sarah707
12-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I would say something first once your job is signed and sealed.

It's going to be hard but you have to focus on why you are making this career move and the benefits for you and your family.

Hugs x

Chimps Childminding
12-07-2011, 09:28 PM
It will be hard, but at the end of the day you have to think what is best for you! Unfortunately lots of parents wouldn't give us a second thought if something better came up for them :(

Good luck :thumbsup:

The Juggler
12-07-2011, 10:04 PM
i woudl say you feel awful but this opportunity came up and it was soemthing that you couldn't turn down for your family and that you hope they understand. Offer to do everything you can to help her find alternative care. Sure she will be fine hon but if not, tough - she will have to deal with it.;)