PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Grading, getting stressed already!

Pudding Girl
03-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm already getting stressed and haven't even got one upcoming!!

I feel like I am walking in a fog, I can't get on any training courses as they are always full, I feel like I know nothing about it, that if I were approached for my inspection now I would fail and only get a 1 or 2.

I think I do a good job, but I have no idea what new things we are supposed to be doing! I had a look on the CC website thing they sent us al, and it's all in technical language in my eyes as a new minder, not plain English.

Is anyone else feeling like this? Has anyone had theirs done yet? WHY am I stressing already!! FFS

Fairydust
03-05-2008, 06:10 PM
I recently got a letter from the CC and told to submit my online assessment - it took me ages to do and I would suggest to anyone that you make a start even if you havent been told to submit. I am expecting an unannounced inspection within the next week or so. I am stressed too as I recently spoke to someone who had the CCO there for 3 hrs and the Childminder was in tears as was told she did not have enough evidence! Each CCO is giving different advice - one Minder was told to have a locked filing cabinet but during another inspection with a different CCO she was told that this was not necessary!???? Parent participation is a huge part of the inspection this year so I have put out my own questionnaires which the parents thought was a bit mad to be honest! I dont know if I have helped you or made you more stressed - sorry!

fionamal
03-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Im just in the process of filling in my online assement and been told to expect an un-announced inspection by then end of May so starting to stress. Also got a new CCO so dont know anything about her.

Alibali
03-05-2008, 07:14 PM
A few of my fellow minders have already had their inspections and they have been surprised at how easy it was! They all got 4s and 5s. The cc will inspect on 1.1, 2.1,3.1,4.1 and 4.5 for everyone. So basically parent participation in each area is vital so make sure you have diaries, parent letters, evidence of involving parents in your service i.e questionnaires. The 4.5 is child protection. I would also advise to start filling out your form early and take your time, you can add to it at any time.

I think we're all getting our knickers in a twist, and should just take it as it comes. The worst they can do is give us areas for improvement! (unless you are a danger and then you wouldn't be working anyway.

Let your parents knoe whats happening so they aren't surprised when they start getting a load of paperwork home with them:D
Ali x

emler
04-05-2008, 06:31 AM
I've been asked to submit my form now too and I should get my inspection by the end of the month.

Emler x