PDA

View Full Version : Minibusses - again...

mum2two
12-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Just thought I'd post what info I found out today!

We're still desperate to get a minibus so called VOSA again, in case something had changed - and it seems it has!! :clapping:

I asked about driving a minibus as a childminder, and she asked if that was from my own home. She said she'd send me the application form, plus the extra information for childminders.

I asked how much the operaters licence was, and it's £155 for childminders, for up to 16 passenger seats - a one of fee too. No other paperwork etc needed, just catergory D on driving licence!

£155 I don't mind paying, so hoping when I get the info through, I've heard right - but looks like we now may be able to get a minibus! :jump for joy:

xx

christine e
12-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Just thought I'd post what info I found out today!

We're still desperate to get a minibus so called VOSA again, in case something had changed - and it seems it has!! :clapping:

I asked about driving a minibus as a childminder, and she asked if that was from my own home. She said she'd send me the application form, plus the extra information for childminders.

I asked how much the operaters licence was, and it's £155 for childminders, for up to 16 passenger seats - a one of fee too. No other paperwork etc needed, just catergory D on driving licence!

£155 I don't mind paying, so hoping when I get the info through, I've heard right - but looks like we now may be able to get a minibus! :jump for joy:

xx

A childminder friend of mine has a mini bus and has the operators licence but she has to have like a mini MOT every 3 months!

Cx

jumpinjen
12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
great news for you....... I've been interested in this as have it in the back of my mind for the future as we home ed and would like more children so might end up with quite a few to transport in a few years time!!

Good luck, Jen x

love381
12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
great news for you....... I've been interested in this as have it in the back of my mind for the future as we home ed and would like more children so might end up with quite a few to transport in a few years time!!

Good luck, Jen x

Would LOVE to home ed my children!!! x

mum2two
13-07-2011, 06:59 AM
A childminder friend of mine has a mini bus and has the operators licence but she has to have like a mini MOT every 3 months!

Cx

This is what I found out before. But the license was about £380, then you had to pay yearly, and have in inspected, keep records, have £xxxx (£4.5k I think) in the back to 'fix the vehicle... So it wasn't worth it.

But, it seems a bit simpler for childminders now. I did kick off a bit with the NCMA though, and they said they were going to talk to various people, and get a proper answer, so maybe something happened & it's changed for CM's now...??? Here's hoping! :D

xx

jumpinjen
13-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Would LOVE to home ed my children!!! x

Why don't you go for it?

Jen x