PDA

View Full Version : Had some bad news this morning

JCrakers
12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I had a letter in the post his morning :(

Back in 1996 I lived and worked with a lovely family as a live in nanny. The little boy was just over 1. They were a fantastic family to live with and I was there until I got my own flat.
The letter told me that the Dad had passed away in March after having a heart attack whilst out cycling. He was only 48. :(
He was a lovely person and I cant believe that he was so young. He leaves two children aged 16 and 14..Ive been crying ever since the letter arrived about an hour ago.

Mindee is fast asleep and ive put a note in her diary to Mum to explain that today will probably not be a fantastic one (we are quite close..she'll understand)

Makes you start to appreciate life more when you hear news like this
:(
Becky x

TheBTeam
12-07-2011, 12:15 PM
So sorry to hear, what an awful time for the family.

pinky33
12-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Big hugs..

I felt the same when I found out one of my old nanny dads dies suddenly also at 38 leaving a wife and 4 young sons.
The world can be crual at times

kel1983
12-07-2011, 12:28 PM
sorry to hear that. Big hugs

Jo Jo
12-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Sorry to hear your sad news, :group hug:

The Juggler
12-07-2011, 01:12 PM
that is so awful :( my dh is 49 and cycles everywhere. makes you think. so sorry honey. big hugs x

Mamma4Ya
12-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Sorry to hear the heart breaking news.

miffy
12-07-2011, 01:36 PM
So sorry, such a young age - thinking of you and the family

Miffy xx

angiemog
12-07-2011, 04:58 PM
What sad news.... and what a shock aswell it becomes mind consuming and you can't stop thinking about the situation. Take care... x

Ripeberry
12-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Sorry about your sad news. I'm still coming to terms with my mum passing away last week. We still don't have the death certificate as the coroner still does not have a cause of death :(
I think I'm grieving in reverse, started off not believing it had happened and now as time goes on, I'm getting more upset :(

rickysmiths
12-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Such sad news.

We had some sad news this week as well. A Scouter at our group, under 50 with a family, died this week. He was fit and well we all thought. Waiting to find out the cause.

Mrs Book
12-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm so sorry. Does make you appreciate life.

JCrakers
13-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks everyone...Ive just written a card to her.

Sorry to hear about all the other sad news other people have recieved.
Ripeberry..hope you're ok :( Hugs to you

Becky x

helendee
13-07-2011, 11:12 AM
So sorry to hear this sad news, life is indeed very fragile and precious which is why I always try to live in the moment, not worrying about the past or future as much as I can.

Ripeberry I am sorry to hear that your mum has passed over but I truly believe that she is fine and still exists, albeit in a different form. When both my lovely mum and dad passed away I had many things happen that convinced me that they were still around me and loving me. I send you all my love and hugs.

Bex I know just how you feel, a couple of years ago a lovely family of mine went to Australia for a year and we kept in touch by email and all seemed fine, but I was horrified to hear from one of the teachers at the lo's school here that the dad had committed suicide out there. He was the loveliest and kindest man and it broke my heart to think of him suffering and the devastation left for his family.

God bless everyone who is grieving. xx