PDA

View Full Version : im off to join the libruary

foxy lady
12-07-2011, 10:25 AM
im going to join the libruary with my son this afternoon he will be 2 years old on thursday. we have loads of books here and i mean loads but he just loves his bed time stories and i need more. do any of you use a libruary i think my mindees will enjoy it too

love381
12-07-2011, 10:49 AM
We go to the library every Saturday, all the children love it even my 1 year old!! It's a great way to get specific subject/topic books about what we are doing and extra story books too. x

Mouse
12-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I take the mindees to the library at least once a week and they love it.

I have a childminding ticket and can take out up to 20 books at a time...and I never get fined when they're late back :blush: Our children's section is well laid out & enclosed, so the children can have a wander around by themselves, but are in view at all times. I always have a pushchair with me & they know to put any books they want in the seat. It's normally piled sky high & I have to be selective about which ones they actually take - they put any in!

singingcactus
12-07-2011, 10:54 AM
We use the library too, always have. It's one of the things I do as soon as I sign up new children, I go get them enrolled. They all love it. It's hard to access here as it's 30 minutes down the motorway (everything is here), and the opening hours are very dodgy but we do make the effort with the kids who are here at an appropriate time.

marian
12-07-2011, 11:13 AM
I am really lucky as our libiary is across the road :)
We go to a story tots session every tuesday morning and then at least once more per fortnight.

Marian x

charleyfarley
12-07-2011, 11:42 AM
We've always used the library and all my children were signed up at about 6 weeks old :laughing: Never too young to be read too :thumbsup:

Although I can't get to storytime due to the time, it's geared up for the local schools and not our village school but I have always attended the craft days they hold during the holidays :thumbsup:

Carol xx

kel1983
12-07-2011, 11:44 AM
whe i first started minding I use to take the lo to the library every wednesday but then her days reduced to thursdays and fridays so I had to give up doing it so regularly.

I have just taken on a 22 month old mon-fri full time so I think I'm gonna do it again. Its nice to let the children choose the books they wasnt to read and as someone else sid very good for reference books for topics.

miffy
12-07-2011, 01:54 PM
We use the library mostly after the shake, rattle and roll sessions. Once they start school the children go regularly to choose books, playgroups also use it so it's good to get the children in the habit of going.

Miffy xx

Andrea08
12-07-2011, 02:53 PM
ours has just opened its doors this week so we are going to start going again, the large libruary in town is still closed.. sure start do story days in one of our libruarys and the Lo's love it x