PDA

View Full Version : Offered a full time and part time contract from Sept 26th... not yet registered!

Carrie1983
11-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Hi all,
I am a pre-reg. I did the ICP last summer, passed the course in the Autumn and have been sitting on the forms ever since; I got a new, part time, job in April and my 15 month old goes to childcare 2 days and MIL 2 afternoons. My stomach turns every time she goes and I want to put this right by getting my backside in gear and doing what I always said I would do! I have always worked with children - Nanny, Teacher, Support Worker and now work in a women's refuge as a keyworker/play therapist come support worker.

I was umming and ahhing whether to do it now or wait until after the 2nd baby, when the perfect opportunity came along (and we are actually ttc now, which complicates things a little). I advertised saying I would be registering and I received an email from a lady asking if I'd consider taking on her son for before school care and daughter 7am-330pm 5 days a week. This would be perfect - the daughter is the same age as my daughter and the school is the school I intend for my own daughter to attend eventually. The logistics of the contracts would also mean I could take on a couple of afterschoolers from a local school (which struggles to get enough childminders!). So it's all in motion, BUT...

I am not yet registered. I have the forms here and I can print off all the things I need, but realistically I won't be registered by Sept will I?! This time last year I was on the ICP and another girl and her sister on the same course, took on some mindees to start in September and managed to get registered in time. This lady wouldn't need me until the end of September so, in essence, I have slightly longer.

Is this doable? By my reckoning, if I get the medical form to my dr tomorrow/weds I have about 10 weeks until the lady needs care (9 until settling in period).

Help!!

flowerpots
12-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Its worth a try hun, if the lady really wants you then maybe she could get friends and family to help out a little bit if your not quite there by the time she needs you.

Did you get your crb done? i think i would send everything off asap. :thumbsup:

Good luck :D

mama2three
12-07-2011, 07:18 AM
I would give it a try honey.
Be honest with the family though - if you arent registered by then maybe she would consider allowing you to look after her 2 at her house until your reg comes through.
Or maybe you would be willing to do it without charge for a hopefully brief period until your reg comes through.
My crbs etc took around 12 weeks but Ive heard of members on here whose came through in just a couple of weeks! Good Luck x

Mookins
12-07-2011, 09:39 AM
hope youve filled all your forms and sent them off hun...if not get off here and do it lol

xx

Carrie1983
13-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Thank you all. :) x

The lady who wants me to childmind, is coming to see me on Friday morning. I don't have my paperwork together yet and as I work it will be difficult for me to get it all up together by Friday, but she wanted to come and look at the house properly so I thought we could use it as a chance to get to know each other, answer any questions, tell her how I am going to use the house etc. I am excited but nervous - I work at the moment and earn £10.20 an hour and I am a qualified teacher (I don't work as one) so I am so worried about the drop in income, but I've worked with chn for nearly 11 years and this is my passion so I just have to focus on that and the fact I will be with my little girl more.x