PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled Contract.

JoJo*
11-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi,
Does any one know what i should do? i have NCMA contracts.
Had my first contract signed - due to start 22nd Aug.
The parents have signed a contract for 42 hours a week.

They have phoned today to tell me their lanlord is selling so they have to move and are now unsure of where there are moving too?
They are keeping me up to date, but if they move too far will be cancelling their contract -Do i just carry on advertising as if they had never signed?
I didnt take a retainer fee as i have only just given notice at my current job (in a office) so thought it would be wrong as im not actually avalible to mind just yet - i am now a bit nervous to get somneone to start for when my current position ends???:(

Goatgirl
11-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi :(,
Oh dear, I really hope the family manage to stay in the area.
You were right not to take a retainer as you weren't available. However, I'd have taken a 4 week deposit against the place being taken up as arranged.

I would be advertising this space like mad, so that you have some guaranteed work when your current position ends - unless childminding work is scarce in your area and there is a way to continue temporarily where you are?
and I'd just explain to the family, if you do have other interest in their space, what your situation is... You can't afford to turn away alternative business as you have given notice on your current job and need an income...

Difficult one. Sorry I can't really think of the best thing to do. I hope someone more helpful comes along soon :thumbsup:

Really hope it all works out :)

best wishes,
Wendy :)

JoJo*
11-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks - I think im just panicking as im new to it all.
Hopefully i can fill a space and they find somewhere local to live so they still use me? They really fitted well round my times and son - Fingers crossed - will Defo start advertising again...

miffy
11-07-2011, 07:36 PM
At least they have told you what's happened and hopefully they will be able to move locally so they can still keep to the contract.

If you still have another under 5 space available and there is plenty of work in your area then I'd advertise straight away but if you were pinning everything on this family then I'd ask your employer if there is any chance of you staying on at your job for a few more weeks.

Miffy xx