PDA

View Full Version : Letter help please

emmadines
11-07-2011, 04:36 PM
aww this is gonna be a hard one!!!!

as some of you have seen, I have got a new job (emergency call operator), training is due to start on the 8th of August. Now, my problem.... how do I tell the minded families?? let alone the boys????. I know one of my minded boys are going to get upset as hes quiet sensitive and doesn't take to well to change!
The families are term time only and will have 6 weeks to find another childminder (Im happy to help with that) so I thought I would give notice at the end of the school term (prob the cowardly way out), that way his mum will be there for him etc etc,

I know I also need to put it in writing and notify Ofsted as well. (should I notify them in advance??)

Many thanks in advance

xx

rickysmiths
11-07-2011, 05:01 PM
If they are not with you in the holiday shouldn't you be giving notice before the holidays because notice isn't meant to be during a holiday?

It might also be easier for the parents to start looking for other cms before the end of term before they all fill up.

The Juggler
11-07-2011, 05:09 PM
congratulations! I missed the post. I would tell them now also. can't imagine they are going to move them in the next 2 weeks. You'll also want to say goodby properly too:)

You might need to check on the notice including holiday periods as Ricky said but I think there is special concession on this for term-time only contracts?

Hon, one word of warning. have you had your written offer of employment yet? not wanting to put a damper on things but I know someone recently who gave notice on a job and then the new offer was withdrawn. Please make sure everythign is in place before you tell everyone.:)

I am sure everythign will go well though.x

ChocolateChip
11-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Congrats on the job hun!

I would have thought you would have to give notice pretty much now if your contract says 28 days, and tbh I would probably have a quiet word with the mum of the sensitive one to let her know in advance so she can prepare the lo.

Also you can keep your reg open in case the job doesn't work out, but hope it goes well for you.:clapping:

emmadines
11-07-2011, 05:13 PM
congratulations! I missed the post. I would tell them now also. can't imagine they are going to move them in the next 2 weeks. You'll also want to say goodby properly too:)

You might need to check on the notice including holiday periods as Ricky said but I think there is special concession on this for term-time only contracts?

Hon, one word of warning. have you had your written offer of employment yet? not wanting to put a damper on things but I know someone recently who gave notice on a job and then the new offer was withdrawn. Please make sure everythign is in place before you tell everyone.:)

I am sure everythign will go well though.x

The ambulance service employment department are sending it to me, I wont be doing anything till I have signed on the dotted line etc...

love381
11-07-2011, 07:21 PM
The ambulance service employment department are sending it to me, I wont be doing anything till I have signed on the dotted line etc...

Quite right too!!! My friend got promised a job, interviewed (which went well) and got told job was hers, turned up on her first day of work and was told job was no longer available!! Please be extra careful. I really do hope for you that this is not the case for you, but be careful still. x

mushpea
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
congrats on the new job
you will probably find you need to give notice before the hols as its normaly working weeks notice and cant be taken through holidays or non working periods
as for how your mindees will cope , well its not really your issue any more,, they will just have to get on with.

Chimps Childminding
11-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Congratulations didn't see the original thread about you getting the job, but am so pleased for you!!!

emmadines
11-07-2011, 08:07 PM
congrats on the new job
you will probably find you need to give notice before the hols as its normaly working weeks notice and cant be taken through holidays or non working periods
as for how your mindees will cope , well its not really your issue any more,, they will just have to get on with.

I know but ive had them for 3 years and still worry