PDA

View Full Version : Policies help

Wendy Woo
03-05-2008, 01:14 PM
I was wondering if i should have signed coppies of all my policies by each parent or whether a signed piece of paper to say that they ahve read and understood policies will be fine.

Got ofsted coming next week and wanna get things straight:panic:

deeb66
03-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi

We all do it differently.....it is not compulsory for them to sign each individual policy.

I used to have every one signed but as my policies grew it got ridiculous.

Now I have a cover sheet which lists all the policies and the parents have to sign to say that they have read, understood and will abide by them.

HTH

Wendy Woo
03-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Thank u that is what i think i am going to do.
I love this web site it has helped sooooooo much:jump for joy:

Mollymop
03-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi Wendy, I am near you in March cambs.
When I signed a child up last week the parents really didn't want to look through my policies (there was about 60 plus pages) so I said to them that they are there to look through whenever they want, but then i got thinking about it later and decided that it would be best for them to sign to say that they know I have polices and procedures and they can read them when ever they wish.
So when they come back next week for the settling in session I will give them a form to sign to say they know about them, so that I can show Ofsted that the parents are told everything, etc.

Wendy Woo
03-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi Wendy, I am near you in March cambs.
When I signed a child up last week the parents really didn't want to look through my policies (there was about 60 plus pages) so I said to them that they are there to look through whenever they want, but then i got thinking about it later and decided that it would be best for them to sign to say that they know I have polices and procedures and they can read them when ever they wish.
So when they come back next week for the settling in session I will give them a form to sign to say they know about them, so that I can show Ofsted that the parents are told everything, etc.

funny enough that wot a couple of my parents did they just flicked so tue morn i am gonna get em to sign the paper to say thay they have seen them and that they are in the hall cupboard if they ever want to look at them

ta

sarah707
03-05-2008, 02:28 PM
I have a bit on my permissions that says they have read and understood the policies and procedures of the setting... it saves any misunderstandings later :D

Pudding Girl
03-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I have a bit on my permissions that says they have read and understood the policies and procedures of the setting... it saves any misunderstandings later :D
yup thats what I have, plus the parents get a copy of each policy in a wee folder when they start up, then NOONE can say they've not been told ;)

Wendy Woo
04-05-2008, 07:40 AM
thanx everyone:thumbsup:

miffy
04-05-2008, 07:44 AM
I do a cover sheet too which lists all the policies and they sign to say they have read and understood them all

miffy xx

son77
04-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I too do a list of our my policies to which they sign to say they have recieved & read, however on my recent inspection the inspector recommended that I have the sickness policy individually signed. Why I dont know but I wont be changing it because I think it was a ridiculous idea.

mrsb
04-05-2008, 02:31 PM
When people come to look round I have a folder with all the policies in, at the end there is a piece of paper with the titles of all the policies listed and if they send their children to me I get them to sign that to say they have read and understood them all :) I then give them a copy of all the policies and a photocopy of the letter they have signed :)

Alibali
04-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I give mine all a copy of all policies, and also get them to sign to say they have received them and my handbook- can't say they weren't told!

Ali x

bubbly
04-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Wendy, I'm in Peterborough too (Orton Brimbles) :)

I do exactly the same as Dee

Gherkin
08-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Wendy, I'm in Peterborough too (Orton Brimbles) :)

I do exactly the same as Dee

Getting off thread a bit but Bubbly I am the other side of Hampton from Wendywoo so not far from you either.

sue32
10-05-2008, 09:13 PM
I make my policies into books for the parents and they have a letter that they sign to say they have got the policies and have read (or look at) and when ofsted came I show her the book and she said that was a good idea as new parents find it hard to take it all in when they start.the letter goes on file with all the other information I hold on their child