PDA

View Full Version : Can i do this? :( !!

Mrs Dolphin
11-07-2011, 09:23 AM
I am slowly going through the registration process and trying to sort all the paperwork etc. I have been to one briefing session and have my second one on wednesday. I will then be starting my first aid course at the end of the month and my ICP course beginning of August. I have been starting to write my policies and procedures and this morning thought I would look at filling in my ofsted application form. BUT....... I am freaking out. I really have no idea what I am doing!!! I am reading everything on line trying to get information but all the talk of SEFs, risk assessments etc are baffling me and I am starting to doubt myself.

I could look after the children tomorrow, I have so many ideas of activities and how our days could work and so excited about having the actual children but all this paperwork and the procedures are confusing me. I am also getting worried I might not have any interest and be out of work :(

I just feel this morning like I can't do this on my own. :panic:

Andrea08
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
wow slow down hun ok i suggest you make a list of what paperwork you need to do,

start with what is most important and work your way througth your list one job at a time,

you will feel better inyourself once you start to see your hard work filling up files, bit at a time.

loads of gr8 advice on the forum hun and also bromley childminding is a good site to look at too, good luck you will be gr8 x

sue m
11-07-2011, 09:39 AM
I agree with Andrea, don't get too worked up about it, stick with it and you will find it falls in to place. Do one thing at a time. :thumbsup:

zippy
11-07-2011, 10:52 AM
you've already said you can do the most important bit, the paperwork fits around later, like someone else said start with the most important and work your way down, you will find templates you can adjust to suit you on here or on the rest of the web, it will all fall into place slowly don't try to rush it

Penny1959
11-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Agree with the others - remember some people have very comprehensive policies / procedures, risk assessments - but to meet the requirements of EYFS you need very few. So check with what you actually need - then over time add extra's that you feel you need.

Penny :)

Kezzle
11-07-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm stressing myself out also trying to get everything sorted so i'm doing exactly what penny says, everyone thats been at it longer has a lot more policies and procedures in place but the statutory framework only states a certain few, i'm using templates and just adjusting them to suit me for the necessary policies to start with. When i have mindee's and know how i'm going to organise and run my business i will probably add more to protect myself. :)

JoJo*
12-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Just another idea -
Do you have any link worker within your borough you live in?

I did lots of my own forms such as Risk Assesments. Then i met with mine and they gave me copies of their own ones which i can use.
Would of saved me hours if id known - and alot less stress.

Once you start the paperwork you will be on a roll.....:clapping:

Nicadooby
12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm also finding all the paper work very daunting is there any way to find out exactly what paper work is require by ofsted?

teacherinwales
13-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you get templates/examples of policies from NCMA?

Twinkles
13-07-2011, 07:48 AM
You're being a bit hard on yourself hun if you haven't even done the ICP course !

The course will show you what policies and procedures you need and how to do a risk assessment.
That is what the course is designed for , to help you get started.

Slow down , breathe and prepare any questions you have to ask on the course.

Good luck with it all.

larlinlisa
13-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi

I know how you feel, Im new and its overwelming on what you need to know and do and have in place when all you want to do is look after children.

I have finsihed my first aid, cypop and waiting on my CRB.

I have found that this site will help you with every questions you have to ask, no matter how silly you think it is someone will reply to you.

I have found it easier to every other day or so take a step back or day off, give yourself a break from all the "info" taking and then start again when you are ready.

If you need any help with cypop please ask me but anything else you need to know just ask on here and someone will help you your not alone xx

Speak to you soon xx

Nicadooby
13-07-2011, 08:48 PM
My name has been on a waiting list to do the cypop course since february, I have just been that you don't get to go on it until you have been registered as there is such a high demand in this area.

My ofsted registration inspection Is on Monday and been told I should get on a course in September but could be upto an hours drive away! So really helpful