PDA

View Full Version : one extreme to another!

little chickee
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
For the last year I have been really busy with cm.
All spaces full and a variation to have 4 under 5's.

It was fine for a while but for the last 6 months i have struggled a bit.
I have 3 boys of my own (8, 11 and 14) too and have been feeling very overworked.

Never have any time to myself either except when my boys are in bed by which time im knackered anyway.

I've been moaning that i need some time to myself occasionally.
Within the last 4 weeks i've had 3 parents (4 kids) give notice for various reasons!! Maternity, child going to nursery etc.

So i'm now down to 1 afterschool 3 days and 1 4yo 3 mornings a week!!

A bit too quiet!! But i'm looking forward to some quality time with my boys over the hols and 2 days a week off when school starts again!!

I'm having 2 brothers start in September for 2 1/2 days so not all bad!!

caz3007
11-07-2011, 09:22 AM
I was really busy early in the year and was turning people away and like you have had several families give notice, again for maternity, redundancy and after schoolies too old now.

But I am going to enjoy the holidays with just one LO 4 days a week 8.30 until 3 and a couple of others on odd days. Looking forward to finishing by 3 actually as this year my hubby finishes most days at 3.30 and then will worry about money etc in September. Having said that I do have a family coming to see me tomorrow about 2 days a week but not sure if they will choose me as they have to come a bit of a distance

Andrea08
11-07-2011, 09:37 AM
its the same ere too hun im full with my mum working part time with me and BANG all change to 3 Lo's part time and im glad i saved a little coz im going to be skint.. hope work picks up soon x

jaja
11-07-2011, 10:16 AM
same here too, i started january turning people away as was full with an assistant now am down to one four days a week and after schoolers, got lined up for november but need the work now, fingers crossed phone rings, lol, peoples circumstances change, no work, or family want to have child, not working enough hours, moving away, going to preschool, so nothing i could of done to help with any of them, so hoping the phone rings soon, fingers crossed for eveyone xxxxx

rickysmiths
11-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Same here, 3 full timers 5 days week who I had had for 5yrs all left in two months, redundacy and moving 300 miles away.

I have been on various part time. Bent over backwards with on family in March to be kicked in the teeth signed for 5 days and almost immediately reduced to 4 because it was too expensive for 5 days .Now they are going to Day Nursery end of the month, where they will be paying for four days what they were paying me for five :angry: its not the best nursery and its the most expensive. :rolleyes:

Thankfully after a number of enquiries and a bit of juggling, a new one has started today and from Sept I will have 3 under 3 4 days and 4 one day, so will be full. All new to the area and who look to be settling here for a good while. Who knows their may even be a few sibblings to come. Fingers Crossed.

little chickee
11-07-2011, 12:21 PM
We must have one of the most unsecure jobs there is :(

You just never know whats around the next corner.

Fortunatlely i've been saving all the money i was earning from my full timer and hubby gets paid well so not on the bread line yet.

Will get posters etc up and see how it goes.

miffy
11-07-2011, 12:24 PM
We must have one of the most unsecure jobs there is :(

You just never know whats around the next corner.

That's so true - you just rely on keeping work anymore.

Good luck with the advertising, hope you get something soon

Miffy xx