PDA

View Full Version : For one day only

LeeAnn
11-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi there, just wondering if anyone can help me. The parent of my mindee made anenquiry this morning. As it is the School holidays, mindee's cousin is coming to stay. They are wondering if I can mind for the cousin tomorrow.

Now, I have the space , I have met the little girl a few times before as this is a long term mindee and I have been to her Birthday parties etc. So I am known to her and she is 10 so no under five issues.

What paperwork woould I need to complete for just this one day? Would we need to have a contract or just a reg form?

thanks in advance. Oh and I am in Scotland not sure if that changes anything .

little chickee
11-07-2011, 09:25 AM
I would just make sure i had all her contact details and medical details and i would mark her down in my attendance book on the same page as your mindee.

I personally wouldnt bother with any sort of contract. Maybe you could make a form for occasional minding and use that.

Andrea08
11-07-2011, 09:29 AM
i have done this when eg the school strike and teacher learning days..

i did a child record form with all info inc Dr, ect and a permissions form.. (i have a full one with a list of ... plasters, sun cream , photoes etc etc)
didnt bother with a contract for odd days 3 a yr tops

x

LeeAnn
12-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the info. This has ended up in a big nightmare for me :( . Parents wanted to use mindees contract hours for the extra child too as they don't need ne 2 days this week.

I said extra child would be extra money as 2 spaces will be used. I am available to work all week and would be able to fulfil contract hours and more.

Feel rubbish about them being annoyed with me, this is the side of the job that I dislke :-(

alwaysright
12-07-2011, 10:22 PM
thats is just soooo cheeky, not only are they asking you to transfer hours but want to use them for another child!! unbelievable really, i wouldnt feel bad about saying no cos i would be too busy slating them for being so cheeky!

LeeAnn
12-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Thank you! You have really put my mind at ease, I knew I was legally right but feel bad as I know they will have paid me moe hours than I will physically work, due to mindee going away to stay with family for a few days.

You have no idea how much better you have made me feel, I can see where they are coming from but if I was to start making "one off" exceptions I think it would be a slippery slope xx

Mamma4Ya
13-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Thank you! You have really put my mind at ease, I knew I was legally right but feel bad as I know they will have paid me moe hours than I will physically work, due to mindee going away to stay with family for a few days.

You have no idea how much better you have made me feel, I can see where they are coming from but if I was to start making "one off" exceptions I think it would be a slippery slope xx

Yes I agree, if you do it once they will expect you to do it over and over again. You were right to stick your guns.

flowerpots
13-07-2011, 05:23 AM
well done for sticking to your guns hun, theres no way i would have done this either. :thumbsup:

miffy
13-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the info. This has ended up in a big nightmare for me :( . Parents wanted to use mindees contract hours for the extra child too as they don't need ne 2 days this week.

I said extra child would be extra money as 2 spaces will be used. I am available to work all week and would be able to fulfil contract hours and more.

Feel rubbish about them being annoyed with me, this is the side of the job that I dislke :-(

What a cheek! Parents have no right to be annoyed with you - your contract is with them for their child not anyone elses.

Miffy xx