PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Inspection Thursday EEK.....

princess-c1984
11-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi all, I have Mrs O coming on Thursday and OH MY :eek: She seems very old school and strict and I know she is going to grill me :( I am not looking forward to it at all.

I have written a few policies but thats as far as I have got. My house is pretty child proof to having a 22 month old but I haven't really done much else.

I've read on here before that you need to do some risk assesments and complete the booklet thingy that came with the registration pack.

The only thing I am worried about is what she is going to ask me, as I can't really remember much from the course like the areas of learning etc.

Can anyone give me a few tips/pointers on what to read up on or what she might ask me?

Thanks xx

Kezzle
11-07-2011, 04:47 PM
I struggle to remember the different learning area's. I think that comes with time. The more you sit there looking and observing children and seeing where it falls under you'll soon pick it all up and just know. I think if you get me? My brains not functioning. I've been in school all day the kiddywinks have taken all my thought power.

JoJo*
12-07-2011, 05:48 AM
I would defo look at the booklet and try and fill some of it out (if you have time). Also just have a browse through the EYFS requirements - I was asked a few questions about safeguarding too.
The questions thay are likely to ask are in that booklet - so that really does help.
Good Luck!!!:thumbsup:

miffy
12-07-2011, 06:51 AM
I would defo look at the booklet and try and fill some of it out (if you have time). Also just have a browse through the EYFS requirements - I was asked a few questions about safeguarding too.
The questions thay are likely to ask are in that booklet - so that really does help.
Good Luck!!!:thumbsup:

Good advice :thumbsup:

I'm sure you'll be fine - the inspector is there to help you and answer your questions too so don't be afraid to ask if there's anything you're not sure of.

Good luck

Miffy xx

flowerpots
12-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Good luck hun. :)

Mamma4Ya
12-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Good luck with your visit, i am sure everything will be fine. :)

catlyn
12-07-2011, 07:31 AM
mine asked me some general questions about the six areas....so try and swot up on what they are...she also asked me to name a simple activity for a couple of the areas that I could do with the children....thats quite easy if you know what the areas are

example...
CS...drawing/painting
PSED...maybe a sharing game with other children
PRSN...threading
KUW...watching ice melting
PD...outdoor play
CLL...making marks on paper

princess-c1984
12-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks everyone. I am currently sat at work now doing some prep lol.

Just one more question, when she phoned me she said that there was a difference in looking after under 5's and over 8's and that I should know what this is? (I can't remember exactly what she said)

Can anyone help on this?x

sarah707
12-07-2011, 05:42 PM
There is a document about the differences between the Eyfs and Childcare Registers in free downloads at the top of the forum.

Good luck :D

Nicadooby
12-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Good luck hun, i have mine on monday.

i've done my poilicies, parenting pack and have just attemped my first risk assessment.

the lady from the NCMA said i didn't need to have them all done just to show i know how to do them, she also suggested doing one and showing it to the ofsted inspector to ask if they were acceptable before i did them all.

Jo Jo
12-07-2011, 07:34 PM
good luck, you will be fine :thumbsup: