PDA

View Full Version : Under 5s need minimum 3 hours a day exercise...

VINASOL
10-07-2011, 06:46 PM
...and a TumbleTots spokesperson says:

"running up and down stairs gives plenty of exercise for a child under 5"

Err, need I say anymore?

AliceK
10-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Right well that's tomorrow planned then. My LO's will spend 3 hrs running up and down stairs (and then how many hours wait at A&E? :panic: )

xxxx

Mouse
10-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Current advice is that under 5s should be allowed to move around or be physically active for 3 hours a day (ie. not strapped into pushchairs, not sat in front of the TV, even not sat playing). It doesn't mean they have to be doing 3 hours of exercise a day!

For babies that means being able to roll round on a mat & for older children it's walking, running around etc. My baby mindees spend all their time on the floor (apart from eating & sleeping) and the toddler mindees walk for at least an hour a day just going backwards and forwards to school. Add into that the dancing to music, running round the garden, playing footy, riding bikes etc & it all adds up :thumbsup:

Luckily we do enough, so i don't think I need to be sending them up & down the stairs!

mum2two
10-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Next time ofsted are out - I'll tell them I don't have stairgates as the children need exercise! :rolleyes:

Clearly someone who hasn't actually got children of her own!! :p

xx

Mamma4Ya
10-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Next time ofsted are out - I'll tell them I don't have stairgates as the children need exercise! :rolleyes:

Clearly someone who hasn't actually got children of her own!! :p

xx

:laughing:

Ripeberry
10-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Well at least no parents can now moan about CMs walking their little legs off.
Its good for them to walk every day :thumbsup:

IsabellaB
10-07-2011, 09:51 PM
...and a TumbleTots spokesperson says:

"running up and down stairs gives plenty of exercise for a child under 5"

Err, need I say anymore?

I saw her say that live on BBc news, sat there with my 4 year old who had this look of "can I" on his face

kel1983
11-07-2011, 08:09 AM
The lo's i mind dont stop. They are always on the go. Only time they sit down is to eat their lunch and then its usually perched on the edge of the chair ready to go and play more