PDA

View Full Version : Any links for how much to put for broadband/home insurance/line rental etc?

vix84
03-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Hi I am just doing my first accounts and have most sorted, but I missed out calculating a few things and wondered how you all did it?

Broadband, I probably use about 7 hours a week out of about 21 hours (thats scarey, almost a day on here!), so thats 30%, so do I just calculate 30% of the monthly bill and line rental?

Is it just 40p per mile for the first 10,000 miles still?

Can you claim a % for buildings and contents insurance, house insurance? (although I think we forgot to ammend our policy, I will have to do that soon, so therefore we havent paid any extra)

What about tv licence? The tv is probably used for about 5 hours a week for mindee's? (But then again we'd of had to pay that normally - so answers my own question - cant claim for it!)

Anything Ive missed, allowed for activities,outings, mileage, there was no extra for car insurance, food, cleaning products etc., household bills, car park tickets, toys, equipment etc.

sarah707
03-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I follow the figures on here for all my deductions...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim52751.htm

Pauline
13-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Can you claim a % for buildings and contents insurance, house insurance? (although I think we forgot to ammend our policy, I will have to do that soon, so therefore we havent paid any extra)

You can only claim any extra you had to pay over what you would normally pay if you didn't mind from home.

Also, it's VERY important that you contact your insurance immediately, you could be uninsured by not having let them know that you are now running a business from home. :eek: