PDA

View Full Version : Keeping receipts

Mainey84
10-07-2011, 04:21 PM
How soon can you start keeping them?

For things that you wouldn't do unless it was to childmind, eg. putting play bark down instead of soil in the garden, buying a printer (normally just print things off at work so it would be 99% for business use).

I'm aiming to be minding by this time next year, my course isn't until November but want to make a head start.

rickysmiths
10-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Keep reciepts for anything you are buying for childminding and then they will all go in your first accounts as your starting up costs.

Mainey84
10-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Will it matter if it's a different tax year?

Kezzle
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
I hope it doesn't. I've kept reciepts from january and i started my briefing in february.

jadavi
13-07-2011, 03:40 PM
How do you do petrol /mileage? I drive long distances to my EYFS course for example...

rickysmiths
13-07-2011, 05:43 PM
How do you do petrol /mileage? I drive long distances to my EYFS course for example...

You ahve two choices.

I. If the car is new and valuble and you will be mainly using it for childminding you can depreciate tie cost of the car over several years. If you do this then you claim for a % of tax, insurances, servicing, rac/aa, Mot and Petrol You need to speak to the tax office for more details for you.

2. Claim 45p a mile so I keep a note book in the car and record the mileage for all trips I do to do with cm. Shopping, training, to the bank, out with mindees. I then enter the details and mileage in my NCMA account book each month and add up the total. This amount covers insurance, petrol, mot, servicing etc, etc. If you use this method and you have a car loan to buy the car you can claim a % of the interest on the loan as well.