PDA

View Full Version : Does having a website help you get work?...

helendee
09-07-2011, 04:36 PM
As someone who has not had many enquiries for quite some time now despite advertising my services extensively, I was wondering if any of you who have websites feel that they have helped you to secure work?

It seems to get harder and harder these days for some reason, a few years ago I seemed to receive at least a couple of enquiries a week!

Thanks for any advice.

Helen x:thumbsup:

mum2two
09-07-2011, 05:00 PM
In my experience - YES! Where I lived before - if you typed in 'Childminder in x' then my website came up top, and I was always getting enquiries.

Since I've moved though, I cannot get on the first page of google or google maps! :( And I've had no enquiries... No spaces at the moment, but I have 2 going to school next Sept (2012), so need to get it sorted!!! :p

xx

Penny1959
09-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Mine has and is working well for me - parents like being able to find out more both before and after they visit me.

Penny :)

littlecheeks
09-07-2011, 06:27 PM
i think having one is really useful! you may not get a great deal of advertising from it, but it is very useful to send people to for information. it can answer alot of questions from people!

i set up a free one so save on costs

good luck

x

helendee
09-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks for your replies, everyone. xx:)

Katiekoo
09-07-2011, 09:14 PM
People seem to find my website useful and it gets visited a fair bit. Being on googlemaps is useful too, especially if there are no other minders on the map in your area.
I got my 2nd mindee through googlemaps!

onceinabluemoon
10-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Website has definitely helped me. Most people who come here for an interview say 'oh and I saw your website, its fab'.

Not on googlemaps as yet but have been thinking about doing that too, I was at first a little worried about putting down where I lived but then this is a small town and most people know that anyway...

love381
10-07-2011, 06:40 AM
i think having one is really useful! you may not get a great deal of advertising from it, but it is very useful to send people to for information. it can answer alot of questions from people!

i set up a free one so save on costs

good luck

x

How do you find free ones/set up free ones? x

singlewiththree
10-07-2011, 07:28 AM
I used Microsoft small business and that was really easy to set up.

I've had lots of children from out of my town due to the website as they search for childminders on route to work and find me :)

Eddisonsmum
10-07-2011, 08:54 AM
I bout my domain from godaddy.com for £2.50 and then created a free website from weebly that is hosted for free so no cost at all really.

I've never built a website before but found it really easy. I'm also on googlemaps. I then signed up to google analytics so I can see what pages visitors look at, where they leave, on which page they leave my website, whether they are a new visitor or returning x