PDA

View Full Version : travelling teddys

lulubelle
09-07-2011, 03:20 PM
i have been thinking about getting on as heard its a good idea but was wondering if anyone uses them and what they think the kids get out of them etc?

if i get one i am looking at this http://www.jofli.com/findoutmore

what do you think?

sandy64
09-07-2011, 05:29 PM
hi we have jofli in our setting all the kids love him he comes to partys. toddlers, trips the children take it in turns to take home for wkends or if there going on hols then the parents fill in there adventure and sometimes add a photo its a great way of parents sharing weekends with me so yes i would say go for it, i have also got different clothes for jofli he had a suit for the royal wedding now hes our doctor lol:) think i been doing this job to long:clapping: :clapping:

love381
10-07-2011, 06:52 AM
I have a bear from Build-a-Bear that does the same sort of thing. I've printed the diary cards for parents to fill in. It's a great way to be able to look at what children do with their parents at weekends and when they go away. All parents will e-mail me all their holiday snaps with our Bear and I print them (but that's about my great printer and another story!)

I'd say go for it, it's an exciting thing for children to be involved in! x

Greengrass74
10-07-2011, 08:07 AM
We have Benny Bear.

All the LO's want to take him everywhere, so far he has been to

USA
Austria
China
France
India
Plus loads of places in the UK

He has met

Cat Deeley
Amanda Holden (dressed as Princess Fiona in Shrek)
The Chuckle Brothers
Gary Lineker

We have a logbook with all his adventures in which the LO's fill out, put in photo's and any thing else they want.
I like Sandy64's idea of defferant clothes and using him for differant roles.

Good luck with your bear if you decide to go with it, :thumbsup: you will be surprised where he ends up and who he meets on his trips.

Cammie Doodle
10-07-2011, 08:27 AM
We have travelling Ted, he has been cruising in the Caribbean, Disney, Spain, France. He was Wills and Carolyn's Teddy was Kate complete with Wedding Dress and Will had Grey morning suit lol. The children love it, our Ted's even visited Nursey and Reception Class. I think they open a whole new learning opportunity and an insight into what the children do at home . At the moment they have swim shorts/ swimsuit sunhats and sunglasses . Can you tell our theme is Beach / Holidays :blush:

janminder
10-07-2011, 09:03 AM
I have Travelling Teds, the children love taking them on holiday and taking photos to go in their photo album.

We look on the map where they are going, places visited are:

Spain
Italy
Czech Republic
Pakistan
Maldives
France
Belgium
Turkey
Greece

plus special outings.

They are a very good idea:)

Sarahbelle
10-07-2011, 09:42 AM
i have been thinking about getting on as heard its a good idea but was wondering if anyone uses them and what they think the kids get out of them etc?

if i get one i am looking at this http://www.jofli.com/findoutmore

what do you think?

I think Pauline has done a product review on Jofli Bears. i think it is in childminding help under product reviews.

loocyloo
10-07-2011, 01:02 PM
i used to have a travelling cat, but when he moved he went to live with one of my mindees!

i was going to get a build a bear, but the other day i saw a monkey with long arms that can hang round your neck, so i think i might be getting him soon :D ;)

i'll make him a diary and probably a few clothes!

beccas
10-07-2011, 09:36 PM
we got a jofli and a baby jofli as well they are ace mine has been all over skegness, butlins, thomas land, cinema, other minders houses and mindees houses, gran canaria, blackpool to name just a few