PDA

View Full Version : Post lunch nap time

Vickster
08-07-2011, 07:26 PM
My daughter has dropped her nap and still needs one really, but won't go. The other mindee I have sleeps 1-3. What activities do you do with the ones that do not sleep? Ideas gratefully received

sarah707
08-07-2011, 07:41 PM
We all have quiet time after lunch which even the older children need.

then the children have a chunk of free play time before reading / song session and school pick ups at 3.

Hth :D

Vickster
08-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Sarah, what do you do in your quiet time? At the moment (it has only been a week) my daughter watches Show me show me, but I feel guilty about that.

sarah707
08-07-2011, 08:33 PM
We watch tv or a short DVD or listen to a story tape or something on You Tube quite often because the children enjoy it and it's following their interests!

Why feel guilty about providing them with something they like? :D

Vickster
08-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Ok I feel fine now, I give her a blanket and she lies on the floor so she obviosuly needs it. Phew....

Penny1959
08-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Mine also have rest time - it is important for all children. We sometimes watch cbeebies or something like Makaton nursery rhyme dvd.

Other times I offer drawing or stickers or puzzles in the kitchen. At the moment mindee not needing sleep (4) has about 30 mins TV then choose something to do at kitchen table.

Penny :)

Vickster
08-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Good, I will do that and look for some DVDs. I record something special too as she loves that. She turns into the Kung fu toddler at 4.30pm, but my son dropped his naps at two so I should not be surprised.

The Juggler
08-07-2011, 10:24 PM
we do closed curtains, blankets and cushions, story then lie quietly. those not sleeping can look at books, the others fall asleep.

Happy Bunny
08-07-2011, 10:56 PM
I went on a lovely training session this week, all about relaxing.
We listened to some discs aimed at all ages of children.
Web site is relaxkids.com

I am going to invest in a couple for my ones that don't sleep.

Mamma4Ya
09-07-2011, 11:15 PM
I went on a lovely training session this week, all about relaxing.
We listened to some discs aimed at all ages of children.
Web site is relaxkids.com

I am going to invest in a couple for my ones that don't sleep.

Thank you for the link, I could do with a bit of that myself :)