PDA

View Full Version : Wish all parents were like this!

smurfette
08-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Had to share! Had a new baby start today and he was a little pet really easy - just had a lovely from mum!

i'm delighted with how today went. . It's great to have someone like yourself minding him. Make's it easier going back to work . He's asleep since so got loads of jobs done !

Isnt that lovely - if only they were all like that!

Chimps Childminding
08-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Ah thats lovely!!!

June and I have had a lo leave today (term time only and going to full time nursery in Sept). When mum dropped her off this morning she said "oh there is some paperwork in the bag for you"!!! I took it out thinking that it should be the other way round, we had got to get her to sign paperwork when she picked up tonight :rolleyes: . Anyway, she had typed us out the most wonderful reference's :blush:

Bless her she could be a bit sarcastic at times and you never quite knew how to take some of the things she said, but what she put in the letter bought a lump to my throat.

Little things like that make it all worthwhile :thumbsup:

sarah707
08-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Awww that's lovely! :D

rickysmiths
08-07-2011, 07:51 PM
I had a little girl and had had her a while. Dad used to collect and on Friday I saw Mum and Dad coming up the path together carrying a bag with flowers. My heart stopped, I was convinced they were going to give me notice.

No, it was flowers, a bottle of wine and a box of chocs and they said I was to have a lovely weekend. I was so touched. The girl was with for 4.5yrs

Starfish007
08-07-2011, 07:57 PM
these messages are making me fill up xxx

carebear25
08-07-2011, 07:58 PM
When my 7mth old polish baby started 3 wks ago I knew Mum an Dad had put her name down at local nursery - not got a place as yet but mum had 2 go back 2 work so I had it in my head it was temporary as their minds were made up.

When mum dropped off this morning little girl cudnt get out of pram quick enough an mum said we have changed our minds about nursery and would like her to continue coming to you....

I was so happy xx

PixiePetal
08-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I had a mindee temp in 2008 for 6 month contract till he was 1 and able to go to nursery at college where mum was teaching. He is leaving at the end of term to go to school :laughing: so much for temp - he was so settled mum wanted him to stay (has been going to nursery on other days since 3yrs and cut my days a bit)

others just don't seem to leave forever - got 11 and 12 yr old siblings back in the summer hols once a week:)

and 6yr old for Inset days :thumbsup:

It's nice to be wanted and appreciated

Vickster
08-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Ahhh, how lovely.

I sent a parent questionnaire out to my 1 yr olds mum and she said choosing me was one of the best decisions ahe has ever made! That means so much to me, more than what Ofsted will think of me on Tuesday (not that the visit is preoccupying me!)

PixiePetal
08-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Ahhh, how lovely.

I sent a parent questionnaire out to my 1 yr olds mum and she said choosing me was one of the best decisions ahe has ever made! That means so much to me, more than what Ofsted will think of me on Tuesday (not that the visit is preoccupying me!)

good luck for Tuesday and you are right - it's the parents comments which mean so much :)

Vickster
08-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Ah thanks Pixiepetal...

cupcake22
08-07-2011, 09:04 PM
A few years ago i had a little girl come to me for 2 weeks as her chikdminder was on holiday. At the end of the 2 weeks the mum said to me the little girl
had been so happy with me and so had they. She stayed with me & left 2 years later when they moved abroad.We still keep in touch by letter & emails & they always come to visit when they come back to England.

Cupcake22

smurfette
08-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Ah thanks all for sharing- hasnt that now put us all in great form for the weekend! :clapping:

Good luck Vickster for Tuesday - If the Parents think so much of you, you are doing something very right and Ofsted will see that!

Lady Haha
09-07-2011, 12:05 AM
I had a lovely moment this week too, but not from a parent of a mindee. It was at school pick up and a mum approached me specifically to tell me that her daughter (in year 2) had asked if she could come to my house after school, to which she had to explain to dd that she didn't need to because mum can pick her up, but dd said she wanted to come anyway! She said I must be making a really good impression on all the kids.

I have just taken on another little girl in year 2 at that school who asked her mum if she could come here after school and as mum was starting a new job, she signed me up!

I have two mindees in year 2 that have been coming to me for three years now, so I think they must be singing my praises at school and the whole class wants to come!!! :laughing:

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a newish mindee at his class room door and his teacher told me he had told her he couldn't wait to come to my house again!!!

I'm lucky with parents too! One put on her questionnaire that she wishes she had known about me when her eldest dd was younger!

It really does make it all worthwhile doesn't it! :thumbsup:

Carol M
09-07-2011, 05:29 AM
These things make it so worthwhile and we should be allowed to have a "pat on the back" now and then.
I had a request for some holiday care again for siblings. When Mum txt and I said yes I have spaces, she said kids were jumping for joy round the kitchen! She also txt..." My kids don't just like coming to yours, they LOVE it"
Carol xx

munch149
09-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Is amazing the scale that you can get with parents. The so lovely to downright awful. I have some lovely parents and they have been behind me 100percent recently when I have been having trouble with another parent at the other end of the scale. There comments on my feedback are lovely and both children are a delight to have. If it wasn't for them I probably would have been tempted to
Give up after what I've been through lately.