PDA

View Full Version : Looks like things are picking up

mariehunter
08-07-2011, 04:35 PM
after twiddling my thumbs for a few months I think and hope, fingers crossed,that I have got some children...hope so..
so I am asking ..
thoses with parent infopacks...do you send them out before parents visit or when they visit?

Susana0600
08-07-2011, 07:28 PM
They sing up contract? or it's 1st visit, if so, I don't think you should give them to much information, maybe just something about you, routines, etc. I had a parent on the phone and she asked me to send her my information, I sent it, and then she asked to have a meeting which we agree but she dindn't show up :angry:

breezy
08-07-2011, 07:29 PM
I give mine out on first visit.
Hope it all goes well :thumbsup:

Vickster
08-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I don't give anything out, just let them look through when visiting. I give out all the policies etc on siging of the contract

mariehunter
09-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks guys, I send out or did, a small info pack about my service but always left policies and procedures till the visit
I have a few parents that I have sent info out to and not heard back, I sent 2 families the pack, and I gave them a few weeks and then posted a letter asking if they had, had a chance to read it and if they had, would they like to go further and if not would they send the info pack back, even supplied a SAE 1 contacted me and said she had found somewhere else and didnt pick me as we were to far out from her 20 mile round trip and if we ever had the bad weather like we had when it snowed she wouldnt be able to pick child up and she returned the pack, other has vanished off the face of the earth, so that why I asked for advice, so now, I think I will get parents through the door before offerring them my info pack
Thank you

kats
09-07-2011, 04:01 PM
I only give a copy of my ofsted report on first visit, the parents pack i give out when contracts etc are being signed :)