PDA

View Full Version : am feeling disconnected from everything

newandlearning
08-07-2011, 10:16 AM
hi all..

I'm after some advice.. I'm not sure that childminding is keeping me interested anymore.. I'm not sure if I'm bored or just very very tired. I've gone to get blood tests done today so will see...

I feel soo tired.. I do try to engage with the children but feel generally disconnected.. I feel working a 40 hour week is exhausting me.. plus I've got the paperwork to do and my own kids to look after plus the stress of trying to live on my own and pay the bills...

I've tried applying for some TA roles and even though I've also been doing volunteering at my child's school its not even got me a part time job come september...

I'm feeling a failure... is anyone else finding this with the childminding.. I really enjoy going out to groups etc but hate being at home so much and am generally missing having an adult around with me at home... :( :(

jumpinjen
08-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Aw honey, big hugs in order i think. I find CM'ing harder than my friends that have their partners around during the day as my hubby on funny shifts so some weeks don't see him at all and it does make a difference..... and you are completely on your own so it must be harder. Could you cut your workdays a little so you get one or more days off a week or even an afternoon/morning or two? It might make all the difference to you. I dislike being alone too and try to have things to do with cm friends/others every day for the morning or afternoon. It's easy to lose persepctive when you work alone and feel a bit fed up as you beat yourself about not doing enough.... relax on yourself and sit back a bit whilst you need to.... put out some different toys to keep the LO's engaged and give yourself time.... there have been some nasty viruses going round that last for 6 weeks or so and leave you feeling exhausted and lethargic so you may have something like that too.

Jen x

Andrea08
08-07-2011, 10:36 AM
oh hun (((Huggz)))) yes im feeling low too... its called needing a break and fresh start,

we are comin to the end of this term and it feels like its been a long one,
my grant children will be leaving on the 22nd and the summer acticities will begin

then prep for the sept term,

good luck with your results hun xx

The Juggler
08-07-2011, 10:39 AM
oh hon, it is hard sometimes. that was the hardest for me - the not working with other adults. It takes a bit of time and build some close CM friends so you have that contact. :)

Can you reduce your hours a bit so you have earlier finishes maybe??