PDA

View Full Version : First Meeting With 5 Month Old Baby

phoebe-alice
08-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi there I have my first meeting with a 5 month old baby on first thing on Monday, I'm just trying to think of what to show the parents and have ready for them as currently the youngest I have is two. So I have no clue what to have ready or what questions to ask. I'd love to take him on he sounds lovely and mum and me have been comunicating my email before now and I sent her some interductory information and she seems keen. So If anyone has any advise that would be great as I am one of these people who fall over their words under any pressure and repeat questions about five times! :laughing:

Andrea08
08-07-2011, 10:26 AM
I set up the area where this lo will be playing with examples of toys etc,

you need to have a clear understanding of;
the lo's routine
food/drink
the all about me section in child's file
child record form and contract info
your clear to understand fee structure inc holidays and sickness

talk about your routine/outings and drop ins etc

you will be gr8 good luck x

kel1983
08-07-2011, 10:34 AM
We just took on a 6 month old. We started her off one day the first week then this week we had her for 2 days and next week it will be the full 4 days she requires us.

We basically found out where she was with her development such as sitting and rolling and found out about her daily routine. How she likes to sleep etc.

The first day didnt really go to plan but that was partly because lo was not very well, but this week went lovely. Just a little off her routine due to having to go places.

The parent just wants to be reassured their baby is going to be cared for as if she was at home.

Good luck. Im sure you will be fine :thumbsup: