PDA

View Full Version : Hard work has paid off....

chez1373
02-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Hi all,
Just wanted to have a little yippeeee time via the forum,

I started minding in dec 07 got my first two siblings with in days and it went cold very cold then got 3 siblings done all paperwork etc and they never showed up not a phone call e.mail nor nothing they was a referall from another minder so i called her and she explained that the dad has finished work so dont need me thats fine but a call would have been nice....
Anyway 3weeks ago i had a call for 2 siblings we was about to go on holiday so we arranged to meet tonight my brother was looking after the house and pets while we was away we gor back Mon and the house was trashedsmashed tiles onthe floor pets not fed right tools broken kids toys broken!!! chunks out of the granit work tops kitchen draws broken all the spirits out the garage gone.....(xmas drink) garage door wide open oh the list goes on and on

So i start the week cleaning and trying to put things right and im getting even more worriedas im a real worrier....

Anyway .... Mum and siblings arrive tonight at 6.30 and they are brilliant so nice and perfect for what i after and what they are looking for i couldnt be happier to be honest its not ful time but im glad about that mum is so nice felt very relaxed and not worried like i normall do mum signed contracts and i start monday

Sorry for going on but its not often i get good news thought id share with you all..

YIPPPPPEEEEEE

sarah707
02-05-2008, 10:52 PM
You go on all you like!

That is brilliant news... I bet you're really excited!

You deserve some good stuff happening... enjoy the feeling :D

chez1373
02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks sarah felt a little silly for putting a thread liek this but i was(AM) so happy i could scream..
My hubby just lost his job so this has really come at a great time...

Thanks

sarah707
02-05-2008, 11:00 PM
It's not silly - it's great news!

We all share the bad times - it's grand when someone comes and says ' hey, it's going well just now!'

I hope husband finds something soon. That must be tough.

Good luck! :D

chez1373
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks Sarah, yes it is very hard he isnt bringin in a penny he hasnt gotoffhis but to go job center to see about job seekers or even dare i say the dole...
He has worked every day of his life since he was 16yrs old it has hit him hard but its hitting me harder....
I never had to pay for the bills water council tax leccy gas etc i got the food i am on 90£ a week and now im paying for the lot with childmaint child ben tax credits and child tax that may sound alot but it doesnt go far at all
i have a son and he has 3 children that we have every weekend and holiday they are great kids anfd i love to bits but they are so used to getting everything they want when they want it its killing me.....
I sold my cockatiel just to buy enough food for this weekend thats how hard it is at the min its not just the normal everyday bills its the extras too car insurance house insurance sky and phone bill even the british gas home care payments its all comin from me and i dont have enough to do anything.
I hope he gets something soon but i also want him to be happy in his job he works so hard its been so nice having him home with us to do the odd jobs around the house but we need to pay the bills haha...

Now im goin on the sob story when i am happy about gettin ghtis new contract its took the presure of him for a while at least..

Thanks for listening to me at this hour.

Chez

crazybones
03-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Sorry you have had a bad time but great to hear that things are starting to pick up for you. :thumbsup:

deeb66
03-05-2008, 07:43 AM
I am also sorry that things have been tough for you.

Hopefully things will be on the up now and start to improve :thumbsup:

Alibali
03-05-2008, 07:05 PM
goond news, i hope it continues! :)
Ali x

Blaze
03-05-2008, 07:09 PM
I think you'll find that quite a few of us have been in similar positions to you, so we really do understand! Glad things are starting to go your way!:clapping:

ruby
03-05-2008, 07:11 PM
sorry about your husband hopes he finds another job that he likes soon

great news about the extra 2 mindees

hopefully this is the beginning of good news for you and your family

cathy

Saz
03-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Excellent news about the two mindees

Sorry to hear about hubby hopefully things will pick up for him too

Mollymop
03-05-2008, 08:08 PM
That's great news!!!

charleyfarley
03-05-2008, 08:12 PM
It's great to hear you have the new ones signed up and ready to start.

Really hope your hubby finds another job soon, good luck to him with the search

Carol xx

Polly2
03-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Glad things are picking up for you hun - long may it continue :clapping:

chez1373
04-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Oh ive just been told my first two mindees wont be coming anymore after 4 weeks time mum has got a job where she wont need a minder its so much better for mum but not for me so back out there advertising for me lol

Its not one thing its another lol

miffy
04-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh Chez what a blow just when you hoped things were picking up

Still just get advertising again now and hope it pays off again

We're all here to support you so keep your chin up

miffy xx

chez1373
04-05-2008, 12:50 PM
haha i know its crazy but im so happy about the two new ones to be too worried just yet ive got 4 weeks to find something else if not im in the same boat as now as ive not had the two new ones start yet so im not to panicy

thanks guys

xx

miffy
04-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank goodness you had 4 and not 2 weeks notice!

I really hope you find some more work in that time - keep positive

Good luck and let us know how you get on

miffy xx

disney
04-05-2008, 01:36 PM
oh what a time you have been having hope things all work out ok :)

chez1373
04-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I shall keep you all informed thanks for the support i have 4 weeks notice to all contracts i do its easier for me and plus tax credits pays monthly or weekly but money will keep goin in the bank etc until the following month.

If anyone disagrees please let me know but i shall keep it at 4weeks xx

cheryl

Monkey1
05-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Fingers crossed something comes up soon hun. I always put four weeks to end contracts.